Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #31
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Ebay for $12 (includes ship)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0155.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	469.5 KB
ID:	58930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0154.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	58931  

Last edited by pagansoul; 09-27-2010 at 01:53 PM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #32
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I bought this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_4153wt_1151

I was worried about the one you mentioned because there is some stitching aligned with the screen, and it might scratch it. Call me paranoid, but somehow I don't think 10 buck covers go through a rigorous testing process, so... better safe than sorry.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #33
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I bought this one. I'm pretty happy with it.

I think people are crazy for spending $70 on Oberon covers.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #34
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsmania View Post
I bought this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_4153wt_1151

I was worried about the one you mentioned because there is some stitching aligned with the screen, and it might scratch it. Call me paranoid, but somehow I don't think 10 buck covers go through a rigorous testing process, so... better safe than sorry.
Didn't even think of that when I bought it. But it's not an issue.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #35
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosHandsOfFate View Post
Didn't even think of that when I bought it. But it's not an issue.
Has it arrived yet? Is it any good?
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #36
Mitsuya Cider
Mitsuya Cider began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, IPad Mini
Official amazon cover, black.

My thoughts after I'd clicked purchase: Wow, that was expensive. What a rip-off. I can't believe I just spent that much on some fake leather.

My thoughts after it arrived: Wow, this is really good. So solid. I can't believe how much better and more comfortable the kindle is now. Much more like holding a book.
Mitsuya Cider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #37
el_brio
Enthusiast
el_brio began at the beginning.

Device: Commodore 64
Got my Oberon today (hounds in wine). It is nicely made but I don't know if I will be able to get used to reading with it. I have been reading mine naked (the Kindle not me) since I've had it.
el_brio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #38
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsmania View Post
Has it arrived yet? Is it any good?
I think it's an awesome $15 cover.

The magnetic snap works surprisingly well. The interior is soft. The exterior is padded and, even better, made of the always fantastic pleather. The corner fasteners keep the Kindle in place.

Will it last 10 years? I doubt it. I could see it lasting 2 or 3 though.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #39
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_brio View Post
Got my Oberon today (hounds in wine). It is nicely made but I don't know if I will be able to get used to reading with it. I have been reading mine naked (the Kindle not me) since I've had it.
I have the same one! when I am out and about I read it in the cover, when I'm home it's naked!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote