Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Colin Dexter

I just purchased Colin Dexter's books from Waterstones, and I have to say I really recommend them to anyone interested in crime. I've seen most of the Morse TV-series and Lewis TV-series which is why I thought I'd give the books a try. The only problem is that three of the Morse books are missing from the Waterstones website. I've sent an email to the publisher asking if they are planning on releasing the last three books or not. Seems a bit strange for them to skip three of them, unless there's some kind of copyright issue.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Chris P Bacon
Chris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader
I agree. I love all of Colin Dexter's books. It is a shame that he has stopped writing but I suppose it is better to go out on top.
If you haven't found him yet give the Inspector Banks novels by Peter Robinson a try.
Highly recommended.
Cheers
Chris
Chris P Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Mr Dexter is 78 years old (born 29 September 1930). I think that he is allowed to retire.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehel View Post
I just purchased Colin Dexter's books from Waterstones
These only seem to be available in the UK and only in Secure Adobe ePub.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
These only seem to be available in the UK and only in Secure Adobe ePub.
Can they not be bought if one doesn't live in the UK? ie will the UK bookstore refuse to sell them to you?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can they not be bought if one doesn't live in the UK? ie will the UK bookstore refuse to sell them to you?
I have bought MOBI ebooks from WHSmith, and they are even VAT free to US buyers. So my primary issue is ebooks released as Secure ePub only, which locks out all handheld devices (EInk or otherwise) except the Sony Readers. I think UK publishers are missing significant sales by going this route. My point about "UK only" is that a US publisher would most likely release the ebook in multiple formats.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes - that is a nuisance, I agree.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote