Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur
Chuckwade87 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/Sony PRS 505
Cool Selling on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=013

The person who is selling this has a few of them for sale thru ebay.
I don't personally like this model, but i thought someone out there might want to check it out. Tell me what you think about it....

Tschuss

Last edited by Chuckwade87; 08-12-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Chuckwade87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
$300 is a very much ripoff given that you can get a 505 for $300.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur

Yeah thats what i was thinking, considering you can get a name brand product like the 505(300), or the kindle for (350).
Funny that the hanlin V3 is selling for 300 on their website. I think that the hanlin would be more popular if they offered paypal as a payment option.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The one you linked to isn't made by Hanlin. It's the M218A and is made by JCNIP. I have one.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur

OOPS......
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No biggie.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur

I admit I am alittle confused by that though....
As the Jinke website has nothing but Hanlin for sale.

Ich habe keine ahnung.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I also goofed. The manufacturer of the M218A is actually JCNIP.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur

At any rate is the M218A recommendable for such a high price. And I have looked into some of the specs. I'm not to sure about it yet. Can you give me some insight?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Don't get it. It's a waste of money.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ressions+m218a
Old 08-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #11
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur

Danke
Old 08-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Don't get it. It's a waste of money.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ressions+m218a
Nate, it looks sort of cheesy ... not really well made. Is it a waste of money in that sense?? Or is there something else that you don't like about it. I'll admit I'm not all that impressed with the specs. (Max of 1 GB memory and such.)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

No, the hardware is fine. It's the software that falls short.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #14
Chuckwade87
Connoisseur

I just asked the seller of this item, who is based in china, if he could get jinke hanlin products as well. He said he could get a V3, He quoted a price to me of $360. plus he wants $35. for shipping.
and he also stated that the Hanlin V3 and the M218 were basically the same, only difference he said was the screen.
Does anyone agree with that statement?
For some reason on these forums people dont have alot of bad things to say about the
V3, however the M218 doesnt look so good.
He also said he could get the other Hanlin models, V2, V8, and ... V9...?

Is this guy feeding me a line?
what do you think?
Old 08-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Stating that the V3 and M218 are basically the same except for the screen is a load right there. The software for the V3 is far superior to that of the M218. The M218 is LCD at 5" while the V3 is Vizplex at 6"
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote