Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
scottyja
scottyja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd Gen, Overdrive
Any way to sync ePub DRM books across devices?

Has anyone *successfully* been able to get ePub DRM books to sync across multiple Android devices? I have a phone and tablet, and I'm able to check out Kindle and ePub books from my library. I've been using Overdrive for the ePub books and read on my phone during the day and my tablet at night, but I still can not find any combination of eReader and cloud device to sync. I've tried using Dropbox to sync the ePub file since I couldn't find where the bookmarks are stored, but no luck there.

I'd prefer not to covert or strip the DRM via Calibre. I've heard Aldiko used to be able to do this via dropbox, but I can't find a 2.1 apk. The only promising app I have yet to try is Mantano, which uses a paid cloud service to sync. I'd like to exhaust all free versions first. Any suggestions?

Last edited by scottyja; 03-16-2013 at 09:57 PM.
scottyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Mantano Reader offers cloud storage that provides this feature (I think it is a small annual fee). But this is Android only.

Txtr also provides cloud storage (free) and I think that handles sync as well. They also have apps for iOS, Mac, PC. They are the same people that have the weird Beagle ereader that tethers to your phone.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyja View Post
Has anyone *successfully* been able to get ePub DRM books to sync across multiple Android devices? I have a phone and tablet, and I'm able to check out Kindle and ePub books from my library. I've been using Overdrive for the ePub books and read on my phone during the day and my tablet at night, but I still can not find any combination of eReader and cloud device to sync. I've tried using Dropbox to sync the ePub file since I couldn't find where the bookmarks are stored, but no luck there.

I'd prefer not to covert or strip the DRM via Calibre. I've heard Aldiko used to be able to do this via dropbox, but I can't find a 2.1 apk. The only promising app I have yet to try is Mantano, which uses a paid cloud service to sync. I'd like to exhaust all free versions first. Any suggestions?
You can find Aldiko 2.1 version on the Aptoide market: www.aptoide.com, you then need "Aldiko sync" app to sync (uses Dropbox). Works a charm but don't let Aldiko update once you've installed it...
Aldiko Sync is a paid app but only a one time 1.99$ cost.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 03-17-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote