Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
celticgirl
Enthusiast
celticgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo SONY
I had a few emails answered by Yale "mike onyx" recently. So I'm a bit confused- is onyxboox.com that claims it is based in Duluth, Georgia still in business? Then on ebay there is a place called "all cycle world" based in Duluth Georgia that is selling onyxboox m92. I'm going to call them.
celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #17
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
Hi

Anyone know where is the cheapest site to buy the m92 on europe? I want one to replace my old dr1000s

The prices here: www.pocketbookreader.com or www.ereadersmarket.com are not bad at all as well. With the shipping from USA it's quite comparable to EU prices.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
The prices here: www.pocketbookreader.com or www.ereadersmarket.com are not bad at all as well. With the shipping from USA it's quite comparable to EU prices.
Hmm.. I don't know .. The retail price in store + all the import fees: 19-25% VAT + customs fees ( 3,7% in Germany .. not sure about fees in other EU countries)) + shipping + delivery time + possibly support & service in USA only.. Looks not very attractive for EU customers eventually
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #19
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hmm.. I don't know .. The retail price in store + all the import fees: 19-25% VAT + customs fees ( 3,7% in Germany .. not sure about fees in other EU countries)) + shipping + delivery time + possibly support & service in USA only.. Looks not very attractive for EU customers eventually
well, maybe they are not that attractive for EU customers, here I agree, but for those folks from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Middle East - these prices and delivery times are working just fine. Btw, if asked by customers, we can mark packages as "gift" if it helps (I'm not sure that it helps though, but anyway) to pay lower customs fee or avoid it at all.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #20
Etoja
Etoja began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92, PocketBook Pro 912, Kindle 3
Hello, I have had a very nice experience buying from www.ereader-store.de
Very quick delivery to the UK, very good exchange of a faulty Onyx (the item gone faulty in a couple of weeks and the ereader-store.de exchanged it very quickly and even changed the colour of the item as I had requested.
Etoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #21
joripel
joripel began at the beginning.

Device: M92
I tell you my expericience.... (sorry if my english is not the best)

Hi I bought my M92 in eder-store.de because i only have read positive impresions from the store and I saw that Booxtor it's a very active member of the comunity. I have my M92 black since last friday (I'm from Spain, no problem with delivery). My M92 it's a very good machine but it has a very big problem with the boot process (blue light with no scream or no inferior bar appears when swich on from the first time, not always, but a lot of times). Two days ago i updated the firmaware to 1.7 and the problem persists (if i reset the machine finaly M92 restars, but i don't want to reset the machine every time that i want to use it). Yesterday, at night, I wrote a mail to the store. I explained the situation and I think there will be no problem to change my M92 for another one (obviusly it's in waranty).

I'm very confident because i read some good opinions about the service of the store (see the opinion of Etoja). I will inform about the process of my incidence (i have no information yet) but i'm sure there will be no problem. My advice: first and foremost buy your M92 in a sotre that can help you in case that you have a problem with the device, we are not talking about a cheap device.... For me, ereader-store always was the first choice and now that i have a problem I'm sure that my choice was the best.

I will post the response of e-reader store to inform another users that want to buy M92 and don't know where to buy it.

Thanks for the forum
joripel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #22
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
I think you mean ereader-store.de, right? Because you misstyped it.

I think, if you order from Booxtor, you can just ask him to check if the device works properly. I think he will be very happy to do that (just takes a minute), and if you live far away, you can avoid all the hassle sending it back and forth.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #23
joripel

Yes I bought my M92 http://ereader-store.de/

This is the response from customer service:

"It looks like you have got some corrupted entries in the internal database.
Did you try to install update 20120309?
It is a special update that formats internal system memory and clears the database.
After that update your problem should be solved and you can install any of the late update.
Please note, that all your settings will be set to defaults. The stylus calibration and data/time should be adjusted too.
If the problem persist we can repair/ replace your device on warranty."

I'm goin to install this upddate. If it doesn't work I expect that they replace my M92(that no repair... we're talking about a M92 with less of a week of use when i notify the bugs)

From now, very good customer service.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
joripel

Bad luck, problem persists. After update works well but I shut down M92 and when i try to swicht to on no bar appears in the device. ej: If I change the data to 17/8/2012 boot fails and when i reset the device always is 1/01/1970

Tecnical service is notified...I'll inform with the response..obviusly y expect that won't be any problem to replace it with another one.

Best regards

Last edited by joripel; 08-17-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
joripel

Booxtor has send me a reply:

"Just send your device back and we will replace it by a new one."

For me the question "Where to buy a Onyx M92?" has a simply reply: http://ereader-store.de/

The reason is simply: A fantastic tecnical/customer service
Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
joripel

Booxtor has send me a reply:

"Just send your device back and we will replace it by a new one."

For me the question "Where to buy a Onyx M92?" has a simply reply: http://ereader-store.de/

The reason is simply: A fantastic tecnical/customer service
Old 08-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #27
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

I think that we all kinda agree that if you live in Europe, ereader-store.de would be the best place to by Onyx, but across the pond, in US or Canada, or elsewhere in the world you can use www.pocketbookreader.com or www.ereadersmarket.com
Old 08-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #28
alexo
alexo began at the beginning.

Device: none
What would be a good place to buy one for a person in Israel?
I looked at some online stores but all I could find is the older M91s model.

Last edited by alexo; 08-29-2012 at 05:22 PM.
alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #29
xorXpto
xorXpto began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Price of Onyx M92 went down a week after my purchase at www.onyx-boox.com
What I paid last month (August 2012): 333€
Now: 299€
xorXpto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #30
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorXpto View Post
Price of Onyx M92 went down a week after my purchase at www.onyx-boox.com
What I paid last month (August 2012): 333€
Now: 299€
Hehe...Your post looks like a hidden advertising of that store
You forgot to mention that important accessories there are sold separately for approx 50 EUR (19,90 EUR adapter and 29 EUR Cover)

Last edited by Booxtor; 09-05-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote