Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
How do I determine which JB version I used to uninstall it?

I have a very out of date version of the jailbreak and screensaver hack. I'd like to update to the newest versions of everything before updating to 3.3

I believe that I have the jailbreak version JUST prior to the one where the need for the ENABLE_HACK_UPDATES file was removed, but I'm not certain. Unfortunately, like a dummy, I didn't keep around the files I needed to uninstall it. I notice that the screensaver hack has a readme file saying that I have version 0.18.N, but I can't find a similar file for the jailbreak.

Any tips? Google's not helping me.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool try Kindle Developer's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I have a very out of date version of the jailbreak and screensaver hack. I'd like to update to the newest versions of everything before updating to 3.3

I believe that I have the jailbreak version JUST prior to the one where the need for the ENABLE_HACK_UPDATES file was removed, but I'm not certain. Unfortunately, like a dummy, I didn't keep around the files I needed to uninstall it. I notice that the screensaver hack has a readme file saying that I have version 0.18.N, but I can't find a similar file for the jailbreak.

Any tips? Google's not helping me.
i suggest that you ask this in the sub-forum called Kindle Developer's Corner.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
wongzunsun
wongzunsun began at the beginning.

Device: K3
i feel backup all ur files & factory reset will be much more easier
wongzunsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A reset to factory defaults won't uninstall any hacks, it will just disable some of them.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
BigFuzzyArchon
BigFuzzyArchon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I had the older kindle jailbreak 0.4 from yifan lu on my 3.1 device. I was having the same issue as you.

On his website you can download the older version towards the bottom (try the 04 version link) http://yifan.lu/p/kindle-jailbreak

I used the uninstall from the 0.4 file. Installed the amazon 3.3 update and my screensavers still all work.

Good Luck

Last edited by BigFuzzyArchon; 10-23-2011 at 03:09 PM.
BigFuzzyArchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert