Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #31
RosanaE
RosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo View Post
It took me almost 2 hours until I realized whats wrong. I have tried to put the libraries in the Book Designer folder (C:\BD) etc....
This one is what helped me... (ran in the C:\windows\system32 folder on vista)

regsvr32 /u comct232.ocx
regsvr32 comct232.ocx
RosanaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #32
RosanaE
RosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3G
This is my first post. I usually just read, but I had to acknowledge the great help that a lot of people in this forum have been to me. A particular thanks to moneytoo for the suggestion of unregistering and re-registering comct2332.ocx.

Also if anybody runs into the message: Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid", the trick is to unregister that component. Before unregistering I could not even open BD. Now I am wondering if I have to re-register that? I have no clue what these things do.
RosanaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #33
moneytoo
Enthusiast
moneytoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosanaE View Post
Also if anybody runs into the message: Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid", the trick is to unregister that component. Before unregistering I could not even open BD. Now I am wondering if I have to re-register that? I have no clue what these things do.
You can download all required libraries manualy or intall all just using this installer - http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe (and the DhtmlEd.msi - I hope the link is in some previous posts)
Some VB libraries are working but missing in Vista thats why we have to do that...
moneytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #34
JohnP
Enthusiast
JohnP began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs505
Save yourself grief by using AndyAfro's version

Folks,
I still see some folks are fiddling with .dll files, permissions etc. to get BD to work with Vista. All I had to do was run the DhtmlEd.msi, BookDesigner40.msi, and copy and paste AndyAfro's updated files. It ran PERFECTLY the first time, the BD is at the latest update (7-30-2007), and I did not have to change a thing.
Before going through all of the other things, TRY THIS FIRST! Just move your BD folder to some other folder and try my instructions on a previous post FIRST!
Geez I wish I could bump this to the front of the post...
And if DOES NOT WORK for everyone, please post!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:57 AM   #35
Konquest
Konquest began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Thanks Moneytoo, re-registering comct232.ocx fixed my missing LRF dialog window.
Konquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am happy we now have the needed info in this thread to get Book Designer working with Vista.

Now, go to the Book Cleaner stickey and download the data files, install them, set them up and have fun.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #37
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
its really only to do with permissions

(1) in bd folder locate bd.exe / impglue and impviewer (these are all you need to change)

(2) click right on each and open properties for each off these

(3) goto security tab

you have to change permissions for users option

there are 4 options there
(1)authenticated users
(2)system
(3)administrators
(4)users

its the users option you have to give full permissions too (make sure all boxes are ticked)
you do this by pressing the edit button and ticking whats not ticked already(full control/modify/write) when you have ticked all boxes press apply and then ok

you have to do this for all 3 files (bd.exe/impviewer/imglue)

This gives the images full permission allowing you to use the book cover option and allow you to add pics in the text and stuff.

i have done it a few times now so it should do the trick.

Hopefully a vista bd update will be here soon

i would like an editor for librs500 it would be perfect with one. wouldn't have to keep messing bout with bd and vista then and we would have someone here on the forum should any prolbems arise

Last edited by andyafro; 11-24-2007 at 06:46 AM.
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #38
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisI View Post
I have Book Designer running on my Vista machine. There were several issues, which I resolved by reading various threads on this forum. Here's what I did: (My apologies for not giving proper credit to those who posted each fix.)

1. Download and install the Microsoft DHTML Editing Control.

2. Install the 4.0 BD, and the latest 7/30/2007 update. I installed to Program Files, but you can probably skip the next two steps if you install to a different directory.

3. Browse to C:\Program Files\ and right-click on the Book Designer 4.0 folder. Select Properties. Go to the Security tab. Select Edit... and Add... then enter your user-id. Grant yourself full access to the directory.

4. Create the subdirectory C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\Sony Reader, and the subdirectory C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\LastFile. These directories are normally created automatically by the program, but even with full access I had to create them by hand.

5. Open a Command Prompt, as Administrator. (Right-click on the menu item and select run as administrator.) Go to the Book Designer 4.0 directory, and run the following command: regsvr32 GflAx.dll. This dll was copied to the BD by the update, and needs to be registered to get graphics (such as browse for a cover page) to work properly.

I think that’s everything. One of the things I tried along the way was to modify the properties of BookDesigner.exe to run as administrator. This caused an error: comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered, so I changed it back.

I hope this helps.
Thanks yes it seems to be registering regsvr32 GflAx.dll in command promt did the job, had to learn a bit of dos but works fine now
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #39
zeek2517
zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
For those of you with 64 bit Vista.

The comct232.ocx and comdlg32.ocx are located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64

You do not have to move it as that is where all legacy 32 bit dll's get stored/installed for Vista x64.
zeek2517 is offline   Reply With Quote