Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Octo Vintage cover for Kindle 2

I received the Octo vintage cover as a gift and absolutely love it. I had debated it because I thought the strings would be annoying and a couple of reviews had said that it didn't fold back. It does fold back. At first it wanted to spring forward again but after more use the leather softens enough that it doesn't do that anymore. I tie the strings to the side for long reading periods so its not really a problem. I really wanted a book cover like this and I am glad I choose this over oberon (which I had for kindle one). This cover is 7 ounces and most oberon cover run over 9 ounces. I also was glad I could get a cover that uses the hinge system rather than corners.

So very happy with this cover and thought I would share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0137.JPG
Views:	3046
Size:	895.3 KB
ID:	31187   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0138.JPG
Views:	951
Size:	738.6 KB
ID:	31188   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0139.JPG
Views:	937
Size:	710.0 KB
ID:	31189   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0140.JPG
Views:	818
Size:	555.9 KB
ID:	31190  
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
that is quite handsome
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
very nice
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
911jason
Zealot
911jason doesn't litter911jason doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
I really like the vintage look of the leather. Funny that you mention your reservations about the string, because when I viewed your images, that was the only thing I didn't like. I wonder if they could come up with a hybrid closure that blends the vintage with the Oberon's ease of use...
911jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
911jason
Zealot

Do you know where the person who gave it to you got it from? I searched Amazon and while it is listed there, it shows as Unavailable.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

It's been out of stock for about a month now.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
There was one on Amazon yesterday, selling for 69.99 and 5 dollars shipping, but it was gone before I could even get here to post about it. It was being sold 'brand new' from a seller other than the original company, so maybe your best bet will be to use that pre-pay option and have Amazon just auto-purchase it for you when one shows up.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
911jason
Zealot

Thanks for thinking of me Exer! I'm going to hold off for a couple months before purchasing another cover... make sure that I know what I really want before purchasing and regretting it.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #9
OCTO
OCTO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in making the OCTO Vintage case available. It will be back in stock in 2 weeks and will be available for the Kindle 2 and the Kindle DX.

Kindle 2 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U3TQ3S
Kindle DX - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QDBU4Y

Thanks for your support,
Best,
OCTO
ellen@octostyle.com
OCTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
OCTO
OCTO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Back in Stock - http://www.amazon.com/OCTO-Vintage-Leather-Display-Generation/dp/B001

http://www.amazon.com/OCTO-Vintage-L...968712&sr=1-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTO View Post
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in making the OCTO Vintage case available. It will be back in stock in 2 weeks and will be available for the Kindle 2 and the Kindle DX.

Kindle 2 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U3TQ3S
Kindle DX - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QDBU4Y

Thanks for your support,
Best,
OCTO
ellen@octostyle.com
OCTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #11
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Looks very nice. I especially like the color of the leather in the pictures.
Unfortunately:
Quote:
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.
No shipping to Europe available? Any particular reason?
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
lisreed
Addict

I saw this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Saddl...1016412&sr=8-6

different style but also a vintage leather look & they should ship to Europe since they are a British company.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Good looking cover, although not my style.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #14
rambo47
Kindleer
rambo47 doesn't litterrambo47 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
It's GORGEOUS! I'll definitely be picking one up when they're in stock at Octo. It looks like something that would have been carried back during the American Revolution. Ben Franklin (who definitely would have had a Kindle) or Daniel Waterhouse (Neil Stephenson reference) could easily have been carrying something just like this. It will be mine. Oh, yes. It will be mine.
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
I finally ordered one, after waiting for it to get back in stock, and then waiting too long and seeing it go out of stock AGAIN! -- at least I can now say it is finally 'due to ship' today. Then the long wait for it to arrive in Alaska.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote