Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #166
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 3g, Aldiko, FBReader
Three points:

1) Calibre's search restriction feature is basically a predecessor to virtual libraries. I investigated last summer changing the View Manager plugin to switch to a virtual library instead of apply a search restriction. There wasn't any interest then, but I believe I still have the partial code somewhere.

But it sounds like what you really want is the other way around--to automatically change the View Manager view when a Virtual Library is selected. Which Job Spy already does and I don't want to try to do in VM.

2) Changing the Edit Metadata dialog or offering a reduced data dialog is, IMO, outside the scope of this plugin. I don't know anything about what Job Spy offers for that.

Kovid's suggestion of manipulating metadata_edit_custom_column_order from the plugin is somewhat reasonable. But it could cause some confusion in users: the order of custom columns in edit metadata would reflect the last VM view invoked, not any other columns shown, hidden or re-arranged by the user since then. And if a user had hand-tweaked that setting, the PI would overwrite it.

3) kiwidude, the author of this plugin, has stepped back from Calibre development. I've undertaken to keep it running, but my interest in new features is pretty limited.

Public interest seems pretty low, too. The last new feature I added (Save/Create New View test version still posted) is still waiting for the requesting user to verify it works as desired...
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2017, 07:38 AM   #167
compurandom
Zealot
compurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura h2o
I use this plugin heavily, but there's not a lot of new features I'd need from it I think.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote