Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
lynn1231
lynn1231 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
File name of transferred books on Kindle 3

Today I upgraded from Calibre 8.1 to 8.4. I added some epub books to my library, converted them to mobi, and transferred them to my Kindle 3 using the Send to Device button. In the past, the name of the file on my kindle would be the name of the book with the Calibre library folder number at the end of the file name. For the books I transferred today, the file name on the kindle is just the four digit number. For example, the files on my kindle are now called 2123.mobi and 2124.mobi instead of the more descriptive book title. Where is the setting to go back to the name of the book as the file name? I'm sure it is somewhere easy that I am just missing today.

Thanks so much in advance!
lynn1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You can set the filenames Calibre will use for transferring books in preferences->send to device. However, I'm pretty sure that the Kindle displays the books' names based on their internal metadata, not on their filename.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote