Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-14-2016, 03:54 AM   #1
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
The wait to receive my Kindle Oasis is killing me!

Apparently it's either going to take one month or 11 days... Either way, it feels so far away! I'm dying to get one and open it up and start reading on it! Anybody else feel this way? How on earth am I going to wait an entire month for this device I'll never know... It is torture! How is everybody else faring with their devices for now?

#firstworldproblems I know... Really hope I get a good one! how are you passing the time? I've already watched every unboxing, review, mobileread thread and news article about it, and when I think I can manage with the wait, some news article or ad pops up and that horrible sensation rears it's ugly head again!

Last edited by cerem0ny; 05-14-2016 at 03:57 AM.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:20 AM   #2
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Amazon made it very easy for me this time by releasing a device that I find so unappealing that you'd have to give me a vast sum of money to even consider using one

Your Oasis will be there before you know it
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2016, 07:25 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I'm passing the time reading on my Voyage.

But yes, the waiting is a bit of a torture. I constantly worry about getting a lemon. My Oasis is supposed to ship in the beginning of June, so not an awful lot of time, fortunately.

Now off to find some new reviews, again...
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Apparently it's either going to take one month or 11 days... Either way, it feels so far away! I'm dying to get one and open it up and start reading on it! Anybody else feel this way? How on earth am I going to wait an entire month for this device I'll never know... It is torture! How is everybody else faring with their devices for now?

#firstworldproblems I know... Really hope I get a good one! how are you passing the time? I've already watched every unboxing, review, mobileread thread and news article about it, and when I think I can manage with the wait, some news article or ad pops up and that horrible sensation rears it's ugly head again!
You remember back to the olden days (1990s)when it took at least 6 weeks to get an order.
Or go read Goodbye Boise, Hello Alaska. That couple got mail roughly every 3-4 months.

Or you could just read every thread on Mobileread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
The Oasis doesn't appeal to me, but if it did, I would want it now!!! The other day, I put it in my shopping cart, along with a red cover, and it was months! So I was fine, taking it out. No way could I wait that long! But I remember my original kindle, after Oprah named it one of her Favorite Things. I was too late for the $100 off, and it took like 6 weeks. It was so new and exciting, I was climbing the walls!

Please post your comments and pictures. I want to live vicariously.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #6
Bob B
Connoisseur
Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Patience is a virtue.
Patience is usually rewarded.

Feel better?
Bob B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #7
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I have to wait about that length of time as well. I find it helps to remind myself that whether it's 11 days or a month, either way my own Oasis has been manufactured and it's somewhere between China and my doorstep. Amazon probably doesn't know which one it is yet but all that's left now is for it to finish making its way to me.

Don't know why but that seems to reassure me.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:20 PM   #8
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, post comments and pictures indeed! I actually have a feeling that it will arrive this week some time and I am champing at the bit, receiving a shiny new (expensive) thing has got to be one of the best feelings in the world!
I had to get a black one because I was looking at triple the wait in time for the merlot... I remember I got a two-tone Voyage was very disappointed but in all honesty I grew to kind of ignore the issue and fell in love with that machine... From most people I hear the gradient is even less noticeable, but if I do get cones or light problems I might whack it onto EBay where they seem to be selling for $700?!

Here's a very negative review of the Oasis, he raises some good points and hates his Oasis regardless! https://youtu.be/w3lanEMMnj8
And for now I'm going to ring the Officeworks Australia head office to see where this thing is (again) lol... Buddha must be turning in his grave
Old 05-14-2016, 09:29 PM   #9
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Eep! So for all you Oasis's desperate for any titbits of information, Officeworks Sydney has just received a huge shipment and will be distributing them next week!

Will post updates here when I get it. Fingers crossed I'm happy with my device
Old 05-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #10
nurseshelly
Connoisseur
nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nurseshelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: galaxy tab, kindle oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
The Oasis doesn't appeal to me, but if it did, I would want it now!!! The other day, I put it in my shopping cart, along with a red cover, and it was months! So I was fine, taking it out. No way could I wait that long! But I remember my original kindle, after Oprah named it one of her Favorite Things. I was too late for the $100 off, and it took like 6 weeks. It was so new and exciting, I was climbing the walls!

Please post your comments and pictures. I want to live vicariously.
Happily I was completely unaware my husband had ordered me the first gen Kindle for mother's day. So ... I didn't have to wait at all

I was still torturing myself over if I wanted one enough to replace real books with it.
nurseshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #11
Bob B
Connoisseur
Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseshelly View Post
I was still torturing myself over if I wanted one enough to replace real books with it.
Before buying my first Kindle several years ago, I felt this same way. Since having the Kindle I have never looked back. The front light is wonderful when reading in dim light and having the ability to adjust font size eliminating the need to wear glasses to read is beyond wonderful. Not to mention the storage issues of print books. I don't miss print books at all (though I will not give up print magazines since the graphics are important to me in National Geographic and Outdoor Photographer magazines.
Bob B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #12
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
Before buying my first Kindle several years ago, I felt this same way. Since having the Kindle I have never looked back. The front light is wonderful when reading in dim light and having the ability to adjust font size eliminating the need to wear glasses to read is beyond wonderful. Not to mention the storage issues of print books. I don't miss print books at all (though I will not give up print magazines since the graphics are important to me in National Geographic and Outdoor Photographer magazines.
Before my Sony PRST3 I would read on average about two books a year! And since getting it that's moved up to about 30... And my reading comprehension and writing skills have increased dramatically since also! It honestly changed my life, I feel like I'm a kid again.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Yes, post comments and pictures indeed! I actually have a feeling that it will arrive this week some time and I am champing at the bit, receiving a shiny new (expensive) thing has got to be one of the best feelings in the world!
I had to get a black one because I was looking at triple the wait in time for the merlot... I remember I got a two-tone Voyage was very disappointed but in all honesty I grew to kind of ignore the issue and fell in love with that machine... From most people I hear the gradient is even less noticeable, but if I do get cones or light problems I might whack it onto EBay where they seem to be selling for $700?!

Here's a very negative review of the Oasis, he raises some good points and hates his Oasis regardless! https://youtu.be/w3lanEMMnj8
And for now I'm going to ring the Officeworks Australia head office to see where this thing is (again) lol... Buddha must be turning in his grave

That goofy guy on the video is really grating. He gets his facts wrong (and then corrects himself, when not digging out that itch in his nose). And toward the end, he gets confused and says, "I cannot recommend buying the Voyage," when what he meant to say was the Oasis. This guy is a wonky, irritating, noisome, sort of goofy-dufus.

I woudn't pay any attention to him.

Enjoy your Oasis when it gets there, and I hope it's a good one. If I decide to get one, please wish me a good one, too. Decisions!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-15-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #14
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
having not been able hold books for a few years since a fall and hurting both shoulders not reading books really annoyed me.

so glad ive got a kindle
sian is offline   Reply With Quote