Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Mom gets the Kobo tomorrow

My total tech newbie mother is getting my Kobo tomorrow. She has just retired (today!) and I am giving her the Kobo (if she wants it) as a mother's day present. She has said in the past that she didn't see the point of ebook readers, that she could always find a paper book to read etc. But my stepfather really wants one and I think she is coming around, because when I told her she could borrow the Kobo (and keep it if she wants to) she said okay, and she has started to ask a few questions about what to do 'when' she finishes whatever books I pre-load, and if I could set up the computer so she could buy new ones. And when I told her I had a case for it that was pink, she asked about where she could get something more 'suitable.' So I think she is developing a little more interest! I have heard some great stories about people's first look at the Kobo, how it really seemed like a book to people and how people who never picked up an ebook reader before were interested. So I hope this could be a fun thing for Mom. If she doesn't like it, she has said she will give it back to me but I really hope she does decide she enjoys it. She does not read at my pace (maybe one book a month) but she may read more now that she is retired...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote