Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-06-2023, 02:54 AM   #1
insomniux
insomniux began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Tab Ultra C
Boox Tab Ultra C: taking pictures with scancamera

I've been searching the forums for information about the possibility to take pictures with the Boox Tab Ultra C cam. In the info provided by Onyx the cam is only available for scanning documents, no mentioning of the possibility to take regular pictures.

As it is an option I'd really like to be able to use I've tried to install OpenCamera from the Google Play Store, and guess what? It takes fantastic photo's. Of course there are quite some limitations like no flash, no frontcam, limited colors to display on the device etc. And operating the device is somewhat cumbersome as the screen is slow. Also you have to do some effort to focus the camera, but holding the device still and (after repeated) clicking on the place where to focus you get a sharp image. The image size on disk is about 2-3MB and can be opened with the builtin document reader.

Because of the limitations of the screen of the device you first need to transfer (share) the image, for instance using bluetooth, with another device, like your smartphone. But there the images appear to be quite good and bright. I must admit I have not tested it under low-light conditions and on moving objects.

So if you were wondering if the Onyx Boox Tab Ultra C can take regular photo's, the answer is yes. But it takes some effort and there are some limtations, but the resulting images are quite good.
insomniux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:27 AM   #2
snapper.fishes
Forever Junior Member
snapper.fishes began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Tab Ultra C
Can you? Yes. Should you? Probably not. Any regular smartphone will vastly outperform the camera on the TUC.
snapper.fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
boox, camera, image, photo, tabultrac