Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #46
Dino84
Connoisseur
Dino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
I recently decided to dust off my DX, just for fun

I cant believe how huge the screen is! And it can read books aloud with an awkward robot voice, how could I have missed that?!
Good times.
Dino84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #47
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I still recommend the Kindle Keyboard or the Kindle 6 inch. Both have buttons. Both have nice sharp screens and fonts. My Kindle keyboard also has 3G which has been handy when housesitting or away from home. I currently ALSO use a Kindle basic, Kindle Voyage, a Nook ST, and a Nook Glo plus a couple of tablets. You won't be unhappy, but there are some features that I've become somewhat spoiled operating. But, the most fundamental features are in the older kindles - that of the dictionary.

No, no special lighting on these older ones, but I have a good reading lamp. If you took away all my newer Ereaders, I'd still be happy with the Kindle Keyboard. I just bought one for my cousin's kid (age 11). She was ecstatic.

The main problem with older kindles is that if they didn't regular charge the kindle, the battery is crap. Ages it much faster with no charging at all.

Last edited by Tarana; 04-07-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2017, 12:47 AM   #48
Amiieey
Connoisseur
Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Likebook Mars, Kindle Fire HD 8
Thank you everyone for the input. I managed to get the DXG today and I am super in love with it. It's older and has different software than what I'm used to, but I can always use something like Duokan if needed. The screen is just the perfect size- I love the page turn buttons... Works well enough with the PDFs I use (nothing complicated, just scanned pages of novels).

It's a shame Amazon calls it obsolete and won't do anything related to the DXG anymore!!!! It's great for what I need it for!!!!
Amiieey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:06 AM   #49
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I keep an eye open during my commute for what people are reading on, and I saw three eink readers yesterday: a Kobo, a Kindle Keyboard, and a DXG.
I had to stop and chat with the DXG dude. He said he loved it and uses it every day.
He didnt know what his model was called (he thought it was a paperwhite) so I assume he acquired it recently. So people definately do find them still worthwhile, in case there was still any doubt.
That DX screen was gorgeous, by the way.

Last edited by ApK; 04-13-2017 at 08:09 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote