Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Book covers dissapear

I just noticed my Reader is not displaying covers from books I uploaded to it via Reader Library software after I use calibre.

I put my books via calibre, it's ok. I disconnect, reconnect, sync it with Reader Library, it's ok. I disconnect, reconnect, do calibre again... and my calibre books are fine, but the books synced via Reader Library no longer have covers.

Has anyone seen this before?
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
One thing you want to be very careful of is running Calibre and Reader Library at the same time. Both of those programs write to the same file on your reader. If they both try at the same time, odd things can happen.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I've been warned about that even before I got my Reader and I've been very careful about it.

Nobody saw this problem before?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 AM   #4
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
With metadata-management ist set to "automatic" calibre writes the covers onto the device. The books synced with the Sony Library are unknown books for calibre, so it writes an "empty" cover. You have to add the books to calibre, then they will have a cover, too.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #5
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that!
I used to have it on manual, but I switched it to automatic when I fixed all my books metadata.

Thanks!

P.S. Kronplatz
Advert