Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #1
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Good Omens oddity

So, I went looking for Good Omens on kobo.com yesterday. Couldn't find it. Found the script book, found the companion, found the audiobook... but not the ebook.

For the heck of it, went looking on harpercollins.ca. Same deal. No ebook.

Amazon.ca has it, but I find myself wondering if that's because the amazon.ca Kindle store is just a copy, by and large, of the amazon.com store.

I just can't figure out why a book as successful and available for so long, from a major publisher, is not available any more (I know I've seen it @ Kobo before) in Canada... not even from the publisher's own direct sale site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodOmens.png
Views:	209
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	180122  
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
So, I went looking for Good Omens on kobo.com yesterday. Couldn't find it. Found the script book, found the companion, found the audiobook... but not the ebook.

For the heck of it, went looking on harpercollins.ca. Same deal. No ebook.

Amazon.ca has it, but I find myself wondering if that's because the amazon.ca Kindle store is just a copy, by and large, of the amazon.com store.

I just can't figure out why a book as successful and available for so long, from a major publisher, is not available any more (I know I've seen it @ Kobo before) in Canada... not even from the publisher's own direct sale site.
Good Omens is available at Kobo in the US and the UK.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #3
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The copy available to Canadians on Google Play has Random House as the publisher as does the amazon copy. Their Canadian website only features the paper version of the book.

As for why the book is available to Canadians on amazon and google play but not kobo...
Maybe Canada isn't part of Kobo's default setting for UK publishers? but is for Amazon and Google?
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote