Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-02-2021, 10:11 PM   #1
zoomiest
zoomiest began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel 3a
Changes to TOC not passed to converted EPUB (help!)

I have a book with many chapters.
For some unknown reason a section in the middle doesn't convert to the table of contents properly. (When I use Edit Book, I verify that the H3 tag is correctly tagging the chapter headings... but it doesn't get used in the final EPUB table of contents (a bunch of chapters get left out of the TOC))

So, I manually add those chapters to the Table of Contents, and try to update the exported EPUB with "Modify EPUB" and "Polish Books".

But, I just downloaded the resulting epub, and found that the manual table of contents edits were not carried through.

Please help. How can I carry my E-book edits to a completed EPUB that I can share?
zoomiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:03 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am could nfused - the Tools you mention will update library files, not exported ones. If you edited the library copy of the book did you then export it again to get the version that included your edits?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:06 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Manually? Not sure what this means.

Calibre has a fully featured TOC tool (editor) that does not require you only use H# tags.
The tool can be used from the Library view or from within the Editor.

After you use the tool, you are DONE. Just deliver the book the normal Calibre way.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:22 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
One possibility is an ORIGINAL_EPUB format being used as the source for conversion instead of your edited EPUB.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote