Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2021, 12:42 AM   #1
cwepret
cwepret began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
Kindle Oasis 3 - Bricked/Troubleshooting

After not having used my koa3 for around two weeks I decided to try toying around with plugins again. I re-enabled the ScreenSavers hack which isn't technically meant for koa3, but had not caused issues before.

After rebooting the device later it never got past the "Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up." screen with the tree and boy. There are no lights, and holding the power button for a hard reset just causes the backlight to flash once for a second with no change to the display. I let it charge for roughly 24 hours on different chargers that I know work without the yellow "charging light" going away. Plugging it into my desktop causes windows to play the new device noise, but it immediately follows with the eject noise without me ever being able to access it.

Have I completely hard bricked my koa3? It was running 5.12.4 and hadn't run into any issues previously.
cwepret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwepret View Post
Have I completely hard bricked my koa3? It was running 5.12.4 and hadn't run into any issues previously.
Yeah, quite possibly. If it was any other device you'd be able to see what's up and fix it using the serial port but IIRC, nobody's worked out how to attach to it on KOA3.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert