Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-28-2021, 08:15 AM   #31
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@Hrod Is the 3.1 update for Note Pro Android 9 available too?
The 3.1 update is now available for Note Pro running Android 9. Just updated mine via the US server. No time to play around with it yet, though.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:19 AM   #32
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Great! Thanks for the post!
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #33
Hrod
Enthusiast
Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Boox Nova Pro & Kindle Scribe
Good news!

I've updated last Sunday my Note Pro to Android 9 (2020-11-20_11-30_3.0).

Everything went fine though it kept waking up every 5 minutes after going in standby mode. Quite irritating as it drains the battery.
Onyx told me to wait for the 3.1 update.

In the meantime, I switched off the device after reading.

I got also an update today but not the 3.1 one.

The build number is 2021-01-14_10-41_3.0 (694.9 Mb)
It specifically addresses my issue: "Fix the problem of automatic wake-up in standby"

The problem is resolved and that's a very good thing.
Not sure if I was the only one affected.

The 3.1 update is not yet available for me.
Hrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:52 PM   #34
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrod View Post
I got also an update today but not the 3.1 one.

The build number is 2021-01-14_10-41_3.0 (694.9 Mb)
It specifically addresses my issue: "Fix the problem of automatic wake-up in standby"

The problem is resolved and that's a very good thing.
Not sure if I was the only one affected.

The 3.1 update is not yet available for me.
My bad. Just checked. My update is the same as yours: 2021-01-14_10-41_3.0.

I had mistakenly assumed it was the 3.1 update when I updated it this morning before heading out to work. Didn't have time to play around with it, though.

Sorry for the false hope and confusion. I'm guessing that it may be a while yet if they are sending out this temporary update in the meantime.
Old 05-31-2021, 02:21 AM   #35
Hrod
Enthusiast
Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Boox Nova Pro & Kindle Scribe
The 3.1 update for the Android 9 Note Pro (2021-05-20_10-53_3.1_f1d2ad8) is available.

I restored my Notes (backed up on Android 6 3.1). So far, so good.
Hrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2021, 11:15 AM   #36
emreceng
emreceng began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox note
I'm having "too many devices" notification on the updater, has anyone came across with the same problem while flashing the note pro?
emreceng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:26 PM   #37
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
No. But remember adb getting into trouble, if you had more devices connected at once. Maybe disable Bluetooth, disconnect all smart gadgets from USB ports and try again?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:21 PM   #38
emreceng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
No. But remember adb getting into trouble, if you had more devices connected at once. Maybe disable Bluetooth, disconnect all smart gadgets from USB ports and try again?
I have disabled every component listed while installing zadig-2.5.exe but still doesn't work.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:43 PM   #39
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by emreceng View Post
I'm having "too many devices" notification on the updater, has anyone came across with the same problem while flashing the note pro?
Don't recall seeing that on my Note Pro. Had some other issue. Something to do with a "switch". But when I redid the entire process, things worked out the second time.

However, I did see the "too many devices" message when I updated my wife's Nova Pro just a short while ago. Ignored it, and everything worked out on the very first try.

In retrospect, when I was upgrading the Note Pro, I think I took my finger off the "back" button prematurely on my first attempt. I was very careful not to do that on my second attempt and when I upgraded the Nova Pro today.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #40
Avalonius
Avalonius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4, Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
I have disabled every component listed while installing zadig-2.5.exe but still doesn't work.
Did you ever make any progress? I've encountered the same issue. I've used a variety of cords on different computers with the same "Switch USB mode failed" result on each. I have been very careful to hold down the back button until it is detected by the updater.
Avalonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #41
emreceng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalonius View Post
Did you ever make any progress? I've encountered the same issue. I've used a variety of cords on different computers with the same "Switch USB mode failed" result on each. I have been very careful to hold down the back button until it is detected by the updater.
Unfortunately I couldn't be able to overcome "Switch USB mode failed" error and send an email to Onyx.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:45 AM   #42
Avalonius

Quote:
Unfortunately I couldn't be able to overcome "Switch USB mode failed" error and send an email to Onyx.
Ah okay, did you get any feedback from them?
Old 06-17-2021, 10:16 AM   #43
moorekom
Connoisseur
moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Onyx Note pro.
Quote:
I had the same issue and contacted boox's customer service. Their reply was to not flash the device for now since there may be some errors in this tool that might need to be checked and fixed. They did not have a timeline for when it will be fixed.
moorekom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:15 AM   #44
emreceng

Quote:
I'll post their answer if they reply.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:33 PM   #45
Avalonius

I got it!

Quote:
I'll post their answer if they reply.
I managed to get it! The thing that seemed to work was uninstalling and not installing the first driver (DriverInstall.exe). I then did the usual install of the actual driver (which I don't know if I needed to actually do) and I had to swap usb ports a time or two after that and then it worked. I hope this helps, the instructions really aren't the best.