Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I have CM7 on my nook color and now what???

HI all!!

I installed the CM7 and the gapps. nc is working, some force closes, and now what?

I do ot see the market app installed.

Where do I get that?

Do i have to download on my computer and then loaded to the sd card and then reboot/recovery the nook?

Any help?

thanks!
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
HI all!!

I installed the CM7 and the gapps. nc is working, some force closes, and now what?
That does not sound like a successful install.
Quote:
I do ot see the market app installed.
Definitely not a successful install.
Quote:
Where do I get that?
It should have been in gapps.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

what should I do?

Remoce the card and loaded again with the generic img, cm7 and gapps?

It is simply just remove the card or do I have to go to the menu and perform dismount card?

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
That does not sound like a successful install.

Definitely not a successful install.

It should have been in gapps.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
what should I do?
The information in your post is much to generic to be able to provide you with much help. For instance, did you install CyanogenMod onto the Nook's internal memory or onto an SD card? I do not much care about the SD card install method, but many people seem to prefer it, so my guess is that is what you did? If you follow the directions in the following link VERY CAREFULLY, then CM7 should work great as long as you have a good quality SD card. Those install instructions are quite old, so the choice is really up to you about which nightly or stable release your choose. I am using CM7.1 RC1, but I am running it on internal memory and NOT an SD card.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1000957
Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
skydive
Addict

Sorry for not communicate properly.

I did using an SD card, kingston 16G Class 4. I follow all that procedure. What Im going to do is redo it again, this time having all files in my c drive, not on my desktop. The Cm7 that I installed is 7.0.3 stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
The information in your post is much to generic to be able to provide you with much help. For instance, did you install CyanogenMod onto the Nook's internal memory or onto an SD card? I do not much care about the SD card install method, but many people seem to prefer it, so my guess is that is what you did? If you follow the directions in the following link VERY CAREFULLY, then CM7 should work great as long as you have a good quality SD card. Those install instructions are quite old, so the choice is really up to you about which nightly or stable release your choose. I am using CM7.1 RC1, but I am running it on internal memory and NOT an SD card.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1000957
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
I did using an SD card, kingston 16G Class 4. I follow all that procedure. What Im going to do is redo it again, this time having all files in my c drive, not on my desktop. The Cm7 that I installed is 7.0.3 stable.
OK, your SD card should work well if it is not defective in any way. It might be profitable to test your SD card thoroughly before redoing your install procedure.
Here is one possible test program.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/.../H2testw.shtml
CyanogenMod 7.0.3 stable is a good reliable version of CM7, but it does use more battery than it should. The newer nightlies have a new kernel that is much better on battery consumption, but no nightly is guaranteed to work. Some of them are very good, however.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
skydive
Addict

it stays on fllushing caches, after 2miniutes, start task umount 1910 blocked for more than 120 seconds

Old 08-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
skydive
Addict

what I did different:
1- I format the card with panasonic formatter v2.
2- I burn generic image
3- I copy the cm7 -7.0.3 and gapps at the same time. It boot completly different .

Now I have all apps.

There is some inestability and too much force closes....

but I'm getting there
Old 08-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #9
skydive
Addict

ok!!

Here what I did different:

1-I also have a sandisk 8Gb class 4. I formatted using panasonic sd formatter v2.
2-I burn the image using winimage
3-I copy CM7-7.0.3 and gapps

All running smoothly!!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 AM   #10
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
All running smoothly!!
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !
Old 08-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
skydive
Addict

thanks!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #12
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Done everything to the point of doing the reboot but it just runs teh Cyogenic logo and goes into a loop. Nothing seems to work including redoing the process of another card. Any ideas?
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
timothyh
timothyh is on a distinguished road

Device: nook color, nook touch, sony 350
rogerperk--- I've had this happen a couple of times. I just tried a different build, and everything worked fine. One time it was with a stable build.
Good luck.
timothyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:01 AM   #14
producerism
producerism began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyh View Post
rogerperk--- I've had this happen a couple of times. I just tried a different build, and everything worked fine. One time it was with a stable build.
Good luck.
Same here... Certain roms seem to give me these infinite boot loops, while others work as e expected
producerism is offline   Reply With Quote