Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 08:40 AM   #31
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
I have a mechanical kitty and doggy. Do they count?

When I was 11, my older brother (a genius programmer) invented a mechanical dog with sensors. It sensed your presence and walked towards you, barking all the way. He rarely patented his work though... Probably gave the code away.
Awww, that's cute.

I would rather like to have such little pets. My cats probably wouldn't, though.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #32
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Thank you for the response, Sirtel. Been moving into my new apartment in the "war zone" or the "peacefully challanged zone." It's been an adventure to say the least. Anywho... my mechanical kitty's name is 07734 (backwards for "hello") and my doggy's name is Shadow. I love my dittle babies. One day I'll take pictures of them playing together.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #33
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
I love my dittle babies. One day I'll take pictures of them playing together.
Eager to see the cuties!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #34
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Eager to see the cuties!
I'll take them to the park on a nice, sunny day and take pictures... once I've moved all my stuff from the storage unit to my apartment.

You'll want to buy one afterwards--they're so cute!
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #35
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
For the past three weeks I've had a blind kitten in my care. His eyes were destroyed by FHV (feline herpesvirus). An old man found the kitten on the streets, but was unable to take him to a vet and treat him. Now the kitten is at my place, but unfortunately it's no longer possible to restore his sight.

As he is only 5 months old or thereabouts, he's already adjusted to his disability quite well. He's very affectionate and cheerful, loves to cuddle and to play with little tinkling balls (he chases those by their sound). He's also very curious and climbs everywhere, just like a healthy kitten. Unless you know he cannot see, you would never guess it at a glance.

Euthanasia is out of the question because the kitten is coping really well. But both eyes must probably be removed, he has chronic inflammation in them and cannot see anyway.

I won't post any photos of the kitten at the moment, his eyes look quite awful. He would be a beautiful cat otherwise, white with a little orange.
We named the kitten Valev (it means "light and luminous" in Estonian). He's now about 8 or 9 months old. After a long battle with ringworm infection which lasted almost 4 months, he got his first vaccination in March. Today his left eye was removed by our vet. It was in a pretty bad state. The other eye must be removed too, but not right away.

Valev is wearing a cone collar now and not at all happy about it, even though he's still somewhat fuzzy from anesthesia. At least he's eating and drinking. He'll be on painkillers for a while, of course.

I won't post his pictures here, but anyone who wants to see them can view them at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b19j64c44...AYsWMOMBa?dl=0

The photos were taken at various times before the eye surgery.

Our two other VIPs, Ruufus and Helle, are doing well. Here's Ruufus showing off his nice tuxedo.

Last edited by Sirtel; 04-08-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Photo was too large
Advert
Old 04-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #36
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'll take them to the park on a nice, sunny day and take pictures... once I've moved all my stuff from the storage unit to my apartment.

You'll want to buy one afterwards--they're so cute!
Still waiting for those pictures...
Old 04-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #37
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Valev is gorgeous - thanks for the dropbox links.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #38
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
We named the kitten Valev (it means "light and luminous" in Estonian). He's now about 8 or 9 months old. After a long battle with ringworm infection which lasted almost 4 months, he got his first vaccination in March. Today his left eye was removed by our vet. It was in a pretty bad state. The other eye must be removed too, but not right away.

Valev is wearing a cone collar now and not at all happy about it, even though he's still somewhat fuzzy from anesthesia. At least he's eating and drinking. He'll be on painkillers for a while, of course.

I won't post his pictures here, but anyone who wants to see them can view them at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b19j64c44...AYsWMOMBa?dl=0

The photos were taken at various times before the eye surgery.

Our two other VIPs, Ruufus and Helle, are doing well. Here's Ruufus showing off his nice tuxedo.

Lovely kitten!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #39
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Added the photo I took this afternoon to Valev's folder. His eye has healed very well, the sutures were removed today.

The other eye will be removed at the end of May.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #40
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Added the photo I took this afternoon to Valev's folder. His eye has healed very well, the sutures were removed today.

The other eye will be removed at the end of May.
It healed very well! What a beautiful boy!
I hope you share many years together.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #41
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
It healed very well! What a beautiful boy!
I hope you share many years together.
Thank you, I hope so too.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #42
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Truth be told I gave away my little ones a few years ago. Kinda hard to keep ferrets in Cali...
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:36 AM   #43
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Just a little update on Valev (we call him Vallu, that's an abbreviation of his name and also of the word "vallatu" - mischievous, naughty ). His remaining eye was removed 10 days ago and the wound has healed as well as the previous one did. I added a couple of new photos to his folder, taken today.

He's a little rascal. Managed to smash my network drive yesterday, that was less than a year old. Oh well. He also likes to cuddle and to nap in my lap. He's pretty active and playful, like any young kitty his age (almost a year now).
Old 06-07-2019, 10:02 AM   #44
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Such a sweet face - the healing is remarkable!

I bet he looks totally innocent after destroying things .

You're going to have a ball with him!
Old 06-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #45
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Such a sweet face - the healing is remarkable!

I bet he looks totally innocent after destroying things .

You're going to have a ball with him!
Actually he seems to realize when he's done something he shouldn't have. Naturally we've never punished him, so it must be our cries of horror and despair. He's irrepressible, of course.

A while back he was in the habit of shoveling the water out of the drinking bowls. It took him perhaps a minute to empty the whole bowl to the floor. I got special hard-to-spill bowls from Amazon and barricaded them with various heavy things, to limit the damage. Fortunately he seems to have grown somewhat out of it, but you can never be too cautious.

I suppose I should be grateful he doesn't chew cables. Now that would be a nuisance.