Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Funny video about future of ebooks

This is unintentionally funny--I like Galassi and Lanker's comments, though Galassi is a bit spaced out, but Turow is like trundling out somebody's crotchety old grandpa who is yelling at the kids for playing kickball on the lawn...

http://to.pbs.org/aOE1Sp

I think it would be hilarious if Scott Turow had to break into publishing today, with those types of attitudes. "Whu? Writers have to bloggy thing?"

Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
At least Scott Turow has ebooks also. Not that I'll read them, not my cup of eTea.

The (near) future of paper books is maybe ok.

The future of ebooks is good and getting better (once DRM is as dead as it is for music).

The future of new authors is getting better and better.

The future of people who like to read is getting much better.

The future of authors without a competent publisher who is willing to dive into the ebook business is dim.

Thing will just have to work themselves out.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert