Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Bismar
Connoisseur
Bismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo eReader
Kobo reader cannot parse html file names with space/apostrophes. Can calibre fix this

So basically, some people have found that the kobo reader seems to have problems (results in content locked message) reading filenames with apostrophes in it, and i myself have found that spaces are a problem too.

Pretty much i was wondering if there was anyway calibre could remove these offending characters from the title of the .html file within a .zip file while converting to epub and change the .opf to reflect this.

Even a way to arbitrarily name all html files within a zip file to index and the .opf link would be great.

Edit:
Ok, i can't get files to consistently fault, so i guess there may be another cause, and this path probably isn't worth looking into to fix it.

Last edited by Bismar; 05-21-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Bismar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's doable, but it would need development work in the EPUB output plugin, unfortunately, I'm too busy right now to do it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert