Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #22921
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@StitchAwl: Tea in the South? Oh, yeah, I can just imagine.

In my cup this morning, fresh squeezed orange juice. The last of this crate of California navels, tomorrow I get to start on a crate of blood oranges. Makes for weird looking juice, but much better flavour than these early season navels. Though I really enjoy the whole changing dynamic of seasonally available oranges. Since I've been making my own OJ for the last 10 years, I've gotten quite to look forward to certain times of the year. Blood oranges, for example, are really only available in January and early February, at least from California. And it will be April or May before I can get Valencias from Florida. They'll be lots of juice, and good flavour, but a bit "tart", at least in the early season. Meanwhile, when there's nothing else, there's always some sort of navel from California. Some good, some frankly awful. (The worst are the very early season ones in the fall. Thin, not much juice, no flavour, and not sweet. So I stretch out the California Valencia season just as long as possible.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #22922
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi Iridal. You and your BF look so happy. Thanks for showing us the pictures. Best of luck on your exam.

coffee in my cup and waiting for a fresh cup to brew.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #22923
ricocarlos
ricocarlos began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Hot Apple Cider. And it's raining outside. Perfect.
ricocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #22924
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da...Feelin' Groovy.

Hello lamp-post,
What cha knowin'?
I've come to watch your flowers growin'.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

I've got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWBvcJAXwu4 )

Good morning, all! What a delightful Friday morning! Sun is shinning and I'm wide awake. My cup is full of Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea, there is hummus, babaganoush, and Kalamata olives being set on the table as I type (no pita bread though... gotta watch the calories! Flour tortillas instead.) Going on a search for a "LifeProof" case for my iPhone today. It's as good an excuse for a long walk as any. There are two mega-stores in downtown Osaka that have huge case departments, and a separated by about 6-7km. I'll walk from one to the other as my exercise for today! Maybe also look for a different case for my wife's Sony 'Touch' reader. She has the 'Tuf-Love' case and it's too bulky for my liking. Pretty and secure, but too thick and clumsy.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #22925
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
I passed! Both exams! So that's two courses down, only 12 more to go Some pictures of my exam cake to start the day with a sugar craving

I'll just have a cappuccino for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Examen 3.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	99192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Examen 4.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	99193  
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #22926
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coffee in my cup and cookies and apple slices on my plate.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:50 AM   #22927
dreams
It's about the umbrella

We must have posted at the same time.

Congratulations on passing your exams! That cake looks delicious.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #22928
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Congrats on passing your exams! And a curse on you for posting those magnificent cakes! Now all I can think of is chocolate... chocolate... chocolate... In fact.... OK, better now. (I just ate a mini-Hershey's chocolate bar! One of the two-bite size bars. Just enough to make my mouth happy but not enough to worry my waist line!

Iri, how will you manage to make all these wonderful confections, and not gain 100kg yourself?!?

I'm going to finish this Keemun tea and make another!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:15 AM   #22929
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
I passed! Both exams! So that's two courses down, only 12 more to go Some pictures of my exam cake to start the day with a sugar craving

Congratulations on passing!

There was iced water in my cup, but it's all gone now. I'll go and get a refill.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #22930
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Iced water in my cup.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #22931
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well done Iridal. Just popping over the Channel for a closer "look" at that cake...

Rooibos in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 AM   #22932
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Congrats on passing your exams! And a curse on you for posting those magnificent cakes! Now all I can think of is chocolate... chocolate... chocolate... In fact.... OK, better now. (I just ate a mini-Hershey's chocolate bar! One of the two-bite size bars. Just enough to make my mouth happy but not enough to worry my waist line!

Iri, how will you manage to make all these wonderful confections, and not gain 100kg yourself?!?

I'm going to finish this Keemun tea and make another!

Stitchawl
I'm like you, I take two bites just to ease the craving and to know if it tastes good, and I give the rest to other people. I usually bring them to work as a treat for my colleagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well done Iridal. Just popping over the Channel for a closer "look" at that cake...

Rooibos in my cup.
That being said, I'm afraid the cake is all gone Orlok These days they last for an hour or so. Everyone knows when my classes are, and the first thing they do 'the morning after' is go grab a piece of cake

In my cup: rosehip tea
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #22933
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post

YAY!!! CONGRATS!!!!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #22934
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

My cup's empty again. Time for another refill — of iced water.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #22935
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Good work Iridal!

Blue Spring Oolong in my cup. Oatmeal with hemp seeds in my mug. Water waiting in a third cup. Hydration is good. And breakfast.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?