Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Brandon202000
Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: SONY
Red face EPUB To RB Conversion Problem

I wonder if anyone can help. I planned to give my RCA eBook to a worthy friend along with the promise to make eBooks for her. I did this thinking it would be easy, given that Calibre offered an EPUB to RB convertion capability. I used it, only to discover that something was wrong with the RB format. Although the RB formatted eBook transfered to the reader and could be seen as a book title, no book was visible when opened, i.e., the page was blank. To see if there was a problem with the reader itself, I converted another book using the old Nuevomedia book creator; in this case the ebook "worked", i.e., it transfered, it's title was listed, and the book opened. Has anyone encountered this problem, and, if so, is there a solution?
Brandon202000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
There is an open bug for this issue. In all honesty it's been low priority for me. If you could attach a book converted with calibre and converted with the Nuevomedia program. It would help me to see what calibre's output is doing wrong by comparing the same book converted with the two.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
@user_none: Are you using the rbmake libraries for conversion?

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
No. I wrote my own.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Good for you. That couldn't have been easy.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert