Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Please tell me the Elric Saga by Mike Moorcock is in ebook form

I have been desperately looking for it for some time. I am very close to pulling the trigger on two hardback volumes that include the first 6 books in the series (the only ones I am interested in), but was hoping I could find them in ebook form first. If not I will HAVE to buy the hardback books as they are among my favorite fantasy books of all time.

I lost my old paperback copies decades back and have been hankering to plow through them again.

Thanks
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Diesel seem to have them in various formats (I don't know the series only know it in passing)

Elric at Diesel

EDIT: and it's better to do a full search as that site is a mess and you find even more books than I've pointed out.

Last edited by Moejoe; 12-05-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: removed allusion to the bay
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
The following are available in Kindle form, so I'm thinking if you search they are out there in your format also.

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12600536...ael%20moorcock
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The "The Stealer of Souls" was a freebie from Sony - but no longer (It was also a freebie from Amazon - but again, no longer.)

Since you have a Sony, the Amazon store will not help you - even if the book WAS a freebie. You need to look for a Sony format or an epub.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The "The Stealer of Souls" was a freebie from Sony - but no longer (It was also a freebie from Amazon - but again, no longer.)

Since you have a Sony, the Amazon store will not help you - even if the book WAS a freebie. You need to look for a Sony format or an epub.

Don
Sorry, I thought I made that clear enough.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
TheBlackTiger
TheBlackTiger began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Axim x51v, Palm TX, Blackberry Curve 8330
Check out scribd.com
TheBlackTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
http://inkmesh.com/search/?dv=3&qs=m...moorcock&ct=eb
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I got The Stealer of Souls collection free on my iPhone through Stanza recently. It was especially cool because of the author's added autobiographical essays and artwork that displayed nicely on the iPhone.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:59 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is some Elric from Fictionwise and at a good price at this time - until the end of the month, I believe.

If you go that route, buy in Microsoft Reader for your Sony and shift.

Don
Old 12-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I am buying them all in paper. Found four of the six so far. The only legal ebook Elric ones are just collections of short stories and not the original core 6 novels.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:36 AM   #11
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I got The Stealer of Souls collection free on my iPhone through Stanza recently. It was especially cool because of the author's added autobiographical essays and artwork that displayed nicely on the iPhone.
Penforhire: I'm _REALLY_ curious how you got The Stealer of Souls for free via Stanza. Can you elaborate? I'm also using Stanza on my iPhone, but the only copies of Steal of Souls I can find are $15.
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #12
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
I am buying them all in paper. Found four of the six so far. The only legal ebook Elric ones are just collections of short stories and not the original core 6 novels.
Elric the Stealer of Souls is not a compilation, per se. It is a reorganization of the original Elric stories. Why they reorganized them is beyond me. I wish they would have just assembled ALL the Elric stories and put them in chronological order. But they didn't. They muddied up the whole works in my opinion.

Most Elric fans (especially ones from the 70's and 80's) consider the six core Elric books to be the "canon" of Elric:
1: Elric of Melnibone
2: The Sailor on the Seas of Fate
3: The Weird of the White Wolf
4: The Vanishing Tower (aka The Sleeping Sorceress)
5: The Bane of the Black Sword
6: Stormbringer

But, those six books are in fact simply compilations of Moorcock's original Elric stories that were mostly written and published one at a time in fantasy/sci-fi magazines in the late 60's and early 70's. The stories that are compiled in the new editions are the same stories that are in the six "canon" books, plus several added stories and a bunch of stuff for hardcore fans, like interviews, and related stories.

Elric The Stealer of Souls includes:
-The Dreaming City (Weird of the White Wolf - Book 1)
-While the Gods Laugh (Weird of the White Wolf - Book 2)
-The Stealer of Souls (Bane of the Black Sword - Book 1)
-Kings in Darkness (Bane of the Black Sword - Book 2)
-The Flame Bringers (Bane of the Black Sword - Book 3)
-Mission To Asno! (A Sojan the Swordsman story)
-Dead God's Homecoming (Stormbringer - Book 1)
-Black Sword's Brothers (Stormbringer - Book 2)
-Sad Giant's Shield (Stormbringer - Book 3)
-Doomed Lord's Passing (Stormbringer - Book 4)

Elric: To Rescue Tanelorn includes:
-The Eternal Champion (an Erekose story)
-To Rescue Tanelorn (Epilogue from Bane of the Black Sword)
-The Last Enchantment (Elric story not included in six "canon" books)
-The Great Conqueror (not an Elric story)
-Master of Chaos (Earl Aubec story)
-Phase 1 (a Jerry Cornelius story)
-The Singing Citadel (Weird of the White Wolf - Book 3)
-The Jade Man's Eyes (original story that part of Sailor on the Seas of Fate was adapted from)
-The Stone Thing (a parody of Moorcock's work by Moorcock himself)
-Elric at the End of Time (another story not in the six "canon" books)
-The Black Blade's Song (Elric and Count von Beck?)
-Crimson Eyes (Count von Beck story)
-Sir Milk-and-Blood (???)
-The Roaming Forest (Rackhir the Red Archer story)

Elric: The Sleeping Sorceress includes:
-The Vanishing Tower - all three "books"
-And So The Great Emperor Received His Education (Elric story I've never heard of)
-Elric of Melnibone - all three "books"

Duke Elric includes:
-Sailor on the Seas of Fate (all three "books" - Voyage On A Dark Ship, The Jade Man's Eyes, The Lands Beyond The World)
-Script of DC Comic Duke Elric
-new story "The Flaneur des Arcades de l'Opera"

Elric in the Dream Realms includes: (fifth)
-The Fortress of the Pearl (a novel not of the original six "canon")
-Script of the graphic novel series and other stuff for hardcore fans
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #13
Flashingblade
Enthusiast
Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Flashingblade has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
Nice info Tom
Flashingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, excellent work Tom on getting this information and making it available for members here on MobileRead.

There are lot of fans of Elric out there - and here, as well.

I'm a big fan from the late '60s and have always loved the Elric series.

Don
Old 12-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #15
Mrgauth
Addict

What a mess. Appreciate the info, but I'll stick with my paper copies. Found Stormbringer and now just need The Vanishing Tower.

Nice work on the list and descriptions though.