Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Another mentions of skins on the Amazon forums. There is a site called DecalGirl that also makes Kindle Skins. They have the same skins as iStyle plus about 20 more.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Another mentions of skins on the Amazon forums. There is a site called DecalGirl that also makes Kindle Skins. They have the same skins as iStyle plus about 20 more.
That's actually where I bought mine. I'd dealt with them before and received good service.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #18
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
You can order them from the Amazon.com site as well. They don't seem to have ALL of them, but they have a lot... there are at least 2-4 that I like. I am leaning towards Whimsical or Cora. I can't decide! I don't even have mine yet and I already want to accessorize it! At least with the Amazon site I could buy one with a gift card.
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #19
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
That's actually where I bought mine. I'd dealt with them before and received good service.
Do they seem to last a while? Without peeling at the edges or anything?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #20
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Had mine for almost a month, no peeling at all.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
They originally were advertising that they would have a Batman theme, if I recall correctly. I am sort of disappointed that they don't.

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-03-2008 at 11:42 AM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #22
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomevegan View Post
Do they seem to last a while? Without peeling at the edges or anything?
No peeling yet on mine. The one on my laptop looks good as new a year later but the lid of my laptop doesn't get quite as much handling as the Kindle.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #23
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've used skins on various electronic devices for a long time and the one on my cell has been there for close to a year with no problems. Looks just as good as the day I applied it.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #24
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
They originally were advertising that they would have a Batman theme, if I recall correctly. I am sort of disappointed that they don't.
They may have run into copyright issues.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 PM   #25
awesomevegan
Connoisseur

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question about how long they last If it lasts as long as several months or a year its worth it, I think.

I would be able to use a gift card right, even though its from a third party seller? I haven't bought anything from Amazon but the Kindle so far, that is why I don't know.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #26
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
What if you want to remove a skin later? Does it leave a residue?
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #27
chrissy
Enthusiast
chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
I just ordered the "My Heart" design from DecalGirl.com, can't wait to try it out!
chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #28
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
I just ordered the "My Heart" design from DecalGirl.com, can't wait to try it out!
It's funny to read that and then look at your avatar.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #29
chrissy
Enthusiast
chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chrissy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Let's see how they look together...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.gif
Views:	563
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	17753
chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #30
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
Let's see how they look together...

Attachment 17753

I like it! Now I want one.