Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 05:02 AM   #1
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
New Hanlin V3

Hello everyone,

as I see on Mobileread there's a new V3 which looks like it supports Mobi and it's also VizPlex...
So as you know this Hanlin V3 with PDFs does it reflow at least readable the pages of a PDF file?
Does it this V3 VizPlex is more clear than previous model?

Thanks to all! :-)
Ciao
Luigi
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #2
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
Hello everyone,

as I see on Mobileread there's a new V3 which looks like it supports Mobi and it's also VizPlex...
So as you know this Hanlin V3 with PDFs does it reflow at least readable the pages of a PDF file?
Vizplex is near-standard on all 6" e-ink readers nowadays. To the best of my knowledge, there are no 6" e-ink readers in active production that still uses the older screens, & hasn't been since early this year.

And yes, Vizplex is a big improvement over the older type of display.

As for Mobi - if this is important to you, I'd advise waiting a little to see what the situation is, as support for Mobi is "uncertain" (Jinke released firmware containing Mobi support, but this was pulled fairly quick).

PDF - No reflow support. But you can zoom in on it to varying degrees (at least on the V2 - not sure about the V3).
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdini View Post
Vizplex is near-standard on all 6" e-ink readers nowadays. To the best of my knowledge, there are no 6" e-ink readers in active production that still uses the older screens, & hasn't been since early this year.
Two models currently sold in Russia (Explay and Orsio) use first-gen screens. Although I'm not sure if those are from "active production" or old stocks.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Two models currently sold in Russia (Explay and Orsio) use first-gen screens. Although I'm not sure if those are from "active production" or old stocks.
Could be that they specified "low cost" to Jinke in their specs. Jinke is mainly an ODM after all.

Something to watch out for, when buying an V3 from a 3rd party company, that's for sure.

Y.
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks to all! :-)
Ciao
Luigi
Do you, perhaps mean the Bebook? It is a rebranded V3 with Mobi support and a vizplex screen?
Here's the site homepage:
http://mybebook.com/
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #6
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Nope, BeBook does not support Mobi out of the box as of yet. But it does sport a vizplex screen.

Mobi support is "coming real soon now(tm)"
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdini View Post

And yes, Vizplex is a big improvement over the older type of display.

As for Mobi - if this is important to you, I'd advise waiting a little to see what the situation is, as support for Mobi is "uncertain" (Jinke released firmware containing Mobi support, but this was pulled fairly quick).

PDF - No reflow support. But you can zoom in on it to varying degrees (at least on the V2 - not sure about the V3).
Ehm.... on mobileread there's a ads by google that represents that V3.. in fact at this link it shows that:

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=41

Isn't MOBI related with .EPUB files if I am right?...
and since the O.S. is Linux OS, do you think maybe some applications (if installable externally) like XPDF would reflow a PDF file?....
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:13 AM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
A discussion of whether the advert is premature is going on in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28797
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote