Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
New Nook Tablet 7inch anyone?

I am sitting in the B&N cafe. Was reading my Kindle. Am wondering if any1 here has purchase the new Nook Tablet that is $49.99 on today (Black Friday).

If so would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just a note that $49.99 is the regular price they announced. It's not a sale for Black Friday or anything.

I don't think there have been any reviews since it officially came out today, but the specs are similar to the 7" Fire from Amazon (reg $49.99 BF sales many places for $33.33) with an equally low resolution screen. The screen should be on par with the old Nook Color and Nook Tablet, but not as high resolution as many newer tablets. If you're okay with that resolution for reading I'd guess it's a decent device (the 7" Fire is decent for what it is). Personally I prefer a higher resolution device for reading although I've read on the Fire 7 and other even lower resolution devices in a pinch.

There is a discussion thread here, but no reviews or anything...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=280869
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #3
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Thanks for the details and link Anemic Oak. Most appreciated.

SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
I am sitting in the B&N cafe. Was reading my Kindle. Am wondering if any1 here has purchase the new Nook Tablet that is $49.99 on today (Black Friday).

I don't read books on a tablet. But just as a $50 device, the Nook tablet doesn't seem to be too bad. It runs Android and has access to the Google Play store which is a plus. We already have the $50 Fire and I'm not a fan of the Amazon app store or the Fire UI/launcher. If I didn't have the Fire already, I'd go for the cheapie Nook.

(Yes, I know I can back-door add the Play Store to a Fire. But it's nice not to have to do that with the B&N tablet.)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #5
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post

I should be getting mine today, that's what the tracking # says anyway. I will let you know. I bought it for my sister, and I have to look it over, get it ready for her because she is not technically inclined at all, doesn't want to be.

I'll come back on after I get it and let you know what I think I know I love my Nook Tablet I've had since 2012 I think it was
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #6
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I don't read books on a tablet. But just as a $50 device, the Nook tablet doesn't seem to be too bad. It runs Android and has access to the Google Play store which is a plus. We already have the $50 Fire and I'm not a fan of the Amazon app store or the Fire UI/launcher. If I didn't have the Fire already, I'd go for the cheapie Nook.

(Yes, I know I can back-door add the Play Store to a Fire. But it's nice not to have to do that with the B&N tablet.)
LOL!! "badges?? We don't need no stinking badges"

Sorry, had to comment on your avatar I used have Marty Feldman's character eye-gore, from Young Frankenstein, another "good" movie lover here
Old 12-05-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I really want to watch Young Frankenstein again. Digital not available, yet. I'll have to rent it, probably. One of my favorite movies of all time!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I really want to watch Young Frankenstein again. Digital not available, yet. I'll have to rent it, probably. One of my favorite movies of all time!
It would be nice if they'd put it out digitally...

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:36 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I would like it if they did. I decided to buy myself a DVD. There are a lot on ebay.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #10
abbynormal52
Groupie

Quote:
I've had great luck with Ebay, as far as shipping, getting things on time, and they are usually priced a bit less than Amazon. Personal preference though. I found this you can take a look at if you want a DVD. I like buying them, if I can afford it, so I can watch them again. Most of those good ones I watch once a year

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOUNG-FRANKE...sAAOSwc1FXZGIx

8.35 free shipping, New BluRay. denise
Old 12-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #11
abbynormal52
Groupie

You can request movies from Netflix, and they actually answered some of mine, with the movies!
Old 12-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal52 View Post
LOL!! "badges?? We don't need no stinking badges"

Sorry, had to comment on your avatar I used have Marty Feldman's character eye-gore, from Young Frankenstein, another "good" movie lover here
I was wondering if you were named after "Abby someone..."

Cinemark has a program called Cinemark Classics where they play old movies on Sundays and Wednesdays. In the last year, I've seen both The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and Young Frankenstein on the silver screen. Sadly, since the last batch (which included YF) ended, they haven't announced a new batch. They usually run a bunch of Christmas movies in December.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 12-05-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #13
abbynormal52
Groupie

Is Cinemark something on Cable or dish? I get neither of those, only Roku 2. I have a lot of channels that aren't worth a darn imo. But I have netflix, and youtube, which with youtube, it's hit and miss on good flics.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal52 View Post
Is Cinemark something on Cable or dish? I get neither of those, only Roku 2. I have a lot of channels that aren't worth a darn imo. But I have netflix, and youtube, which with youtube, it's hit and miss on good flics.
No, no. Cinemark is a chain of movie theaters. Like I said, I got to see these movies on the silver screen, in a theater, with other people. Popcorn if I'm feeling devil may care with my money.

They haven't announced a new batch recently, though I believe they're playing From Here to Eternity next week. They usually announce six movies at a time.

Here's a list of all the movies they showed as part of their Cinemark Classics series: https://letterboxd.com/travissmcclai...s-2016/detail/

Last edited by ZodWallop; 12-05-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #15
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
I would like it if they did. I decided to buy myself a DVD. There are a lot on ebay.
It has run a number of times in the couple of months on TCM (Turner Classic Movies). They are commercial free.
The first time I saw Young Frankenstein The Abbynormal sequence made it hard for me to stop laughing. I also loved the sign "After 5:00 deposit brain in slot in door.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote