Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
judyhill
judyhill began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
Help with Calibre problem

I tried to convert a book from lit to lrf using Calibre and received an error message 'unable to decrypt title key' . Any suggestions to fix this?
judyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by judyhill View Post
I tried to convert a book from lit to lrf using Calibre and received an error message 'unable to decrypt title key' . Any suggestions to fix this?
You must have a LIT book with DRM on it. You need to google for ConvertLIT... download it and follow the readme on how to remove the DRM from the LIT file but "downconverting" it. Once you have done that Calibre will be able to convert it to .LRF.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
judyhill
judyhill began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
Thanks for your help. I have just updated my version of Calibre and in my previous version an encrypted book generated a message saying it was encrypted. As a novice I was confused by the different terminology but I am with you now. It's great that you take the time to help those of us less knowledgeable. On behalf of novices everywhere thanks!
judyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi judyhill and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:45 AM   #5
markiehill
Connoisseur
markiehill doesn't littermarkiehill doesn't litter

I am helping my mum with this and in the previous version of calbire if you had the keys.txt in the program directory it would remove the DRM on conversion. Now it always gives the unable to decrpyt title key message ....

Has the functionallity changed?

Mark
markiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiehill View Post
Has the functionallity changed?
Previously calibre used ConvertLIT to extract LIT files, but because there were several bugs in ConvertLIT (and the maintainer is MIA) calibre now includes and uses its own LIT-extraction code.

I'm afraid that you'll now need to convert as a two-step process -- strip the DRM with ConvertLIT (there are no known bugs in that aspect), then convert with calibre.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
demongr
demongr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Organising Calibre libary by authur

Hi
How can I organise my books in Calibre by authur so as I add new books they will be filed in order under the same author.
Thank you.
demongr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
rhmorrison
Connoisseur
rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.rhmorrison is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle 3 (WLAN) & hp Jornada 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by demongr View Post
How can I organise my books in Calibre by authur (author :-) so as I add new books they will be filled in order under the same author.
The short answer is RTFM, the long answer is . . .

In the Search & Sort section of the on-line Calibre User Manual it states:

The Search & Sort section allows you to perform several powerful actions on your book collections.
  • You can sort them by title, author, date, rating etc. by clicking on the column titles.
  • You can search for a particular book or set of books using the search bar. More on that below.
  • You can quickly and conveniently edit metadata by double-clicking the entry you want changed in the list.
  • You can perform Actions on sets to books. To select multiple books you can either:
    • Keep the Ctrl key pressed and click on the books you want selected.
    • Keep the Shift key pressed and click on the starting and ending book of arange of books you want selected.
  • You can configure which fields you want displayed by using the Configuration dialog.

In other words, the main book view list view works like most list view controls in windows that sort on the column that you click in ascending order if not sorted by that column, or toggles between ascending/descending order if already sorted on that column.

Now having said that there is an error in the program that makes this not work as desired when adding new books, basically a missing refresh.

Let's take your typical scenerio:
  1. Sort by author (ascending)
  2. Add one or more new ebooks to the library
    Your new books are now at the beginning of the list even though you are sorting using the author column (as if the sorting was deactivated).
  3. Click on the author column twice.
    This sorts in descending and then ascending order and now you see your books as you want them.

The following Calibre bug tickets are currently open:
Quote:
Ticket Summary Status Type Priority Milestone Component
#1663 PRS 505 Sorting by Author new enhancement major Graphical User Interface
#46 Access to sort key meta-data accepted enhancement minor Graphical User Interface
#424 Author sort on prs 505 new defect minor Graphical User Interface
#755 Metadata - "Title (sort)" new enhancement minor Graphical User Interface
#1107 Tag count an sorting options new enhancement minor Graphical User Interface
#1320 Sort list new enhancement minor Graphical User Interface
#2123 Updates to collections not sorted properly new defect minor Graphical User Interface
#2304 Provide a method to sort collection members new enhancement minor SONY PRS driver
#2421 tags and series : case sensitive sort / cleanup new enhancement minor Graphical User Interface
#3072 Sorting by date new enhancement minor Graphical User Interface
#3174 Make the list of "non-sortable" words configurable new enhancement minor Graphical User Interface
#3357 Author Sort new enhancement minor SONY PRS driver
#3386 Store more than one default sorting field new enhancement minor Graphical User Interface
#3651 Optional Author Sort new enhancement trivial Graphical User Interface
P.S: Posted a new ticket about this and the status is now "Won't Fix".

Quote:
Ticket #4082 (closed defect: wontfix)

Opened 97 minutes ago

Last modified 69 minutes ago
Added books do not appear in the proper sort order
Reported by: rhmorrison Owned by: kovidgoyal
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: Graphical User Interface Version: trunk
Keywords: Cc:
Description ¶

I have my list sorted by Author (ascending) and then add one (or more) ebooks to my library.

The just added ebooks appear at the beginning of the list and NOT in the proper sort order.

It is necessary to click on the author column twice in order to get the list to display as it should have automatically after the add.

I assume this is just a missing update after the add operation.

Change History
Changed 69 minutes ago by kovidgoyal ¶

* status changed from new to closed
* resolution set to wontfix

No, it's intentional, to allow you to find your newly added books quickly.
Add/Change #4082 (Added books do not appear in the proper sort order)

Last edited by rhmorrison; 11-25-2009 at 10:24 AM.
rhmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hello Purple.gif
Views:	290
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	40073 judyhill, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote