Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
How do I get to my ePubs

I plugged in my nook Glowlight and I don't anything but my sideloaded content. The B&N PC app doesn't work anymore it seems. How exactly can I see my DRMed ePub files now?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:02 AM   #2
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Just found them. Need to install the nook app for Windows 8/10, download your books and then navigate to:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\BarnesNoble.Nook_ahnzqzva3 1enc\LocalState

You'll find the ePubs sitting in there.

This should be helpful to all the followers of Apprentice Alf.
Advert
Old 12-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
I ran the NOOK for PC app just now and it worked fine. I did have problems a few weeks ago that were fixed by logging out and back in, so maybe try that if you're interested in getting the original application to work.

In any case, it's worth knowing where the books are stored with the new app. I don't think anyone else has posted that.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
apastuszak
Evangelist

The Nook for PC app has been discontinued. The only PC app is the one in the Windows Store for Windows 8/10.

I managed to find my Nook for PC app and ran the installer. It would not let me log in.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just logged in and downloaded books on two computers, one of which was a fresh install.

Here's the installer I used:
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/PRe...tup_latest.exe
Advert
Old 03-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just checked the Windows 10 app, using the directory name apastuszak gave above. It works. (Weirdly, Apprentice Alf's page says it doesn't work with books downloaded to the Windows Store Nook app, but it worked just fine for me.)
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #7
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
If you have a eink Nook with a micro SD card slot you can also try this hack http://nookworks.blogspot.com/2012/0...d-card-as.html

Note I did not make this hack, but I have used it and it works on my old Nook Simple Touch and a Simple Touch with Glowlight. You'll need/want two micro SD cards. What this does is redirects the downloads from the internal and inaccessible to the user (without rooting) partition to the SD card. All your ebooks will then download to the card and you can just plug the Nook in and snatch them. You'll still Need Alf's tools if you want to move them to another ereader.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:14 AM   #8
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Thank You all I was able to use the Windows "Metro" app and the directory and recovered the B and N book!

I'm not much of a fan of BN these days BUT I had an Apple settlement balance to spend.
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
The Nook for PC app has been discontinued. The only PC app is the one in the Windows Store for Windows 8/10.
It has been discontinued, but it can still be downloaded and installed. As can Nook Study.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:01 AM   #10
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It has been discontinued, but it can still be downloaded and installed. As can Nook Study.
Yeah, but good luck connecting if you try that. I downloaded and installed Nook Study, and it wouldn't let me connect, saying that it had been deprecated in favor of B&N's new e-textbook system.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just used it last week to download a book.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:36 AM   #12
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just used it last week to download a book.
NOOK Study worked fine for me until I changed credit cards again about two weeks ago. Then I started getting the "unable to open adobe account" problem that others have reported. NOOK for PC still works fine, though I needed to retrieve a new key.

In retrospect, knowing how problems seem to crop up when credit details change, I should have just kept the old card as my "default" card and select the new one each time at checkout.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:29 PM   #13
Agrajag
Connoisseur
Agrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it is

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nook Study failed for me as well. Just refused to sign in and eventually just returned to the sign-in screen. The Win10 app worked, and now I have an epub file in Calibre, but DeDRM didn't seem to de-DRM it. hehe.

Any ideas?
Agrajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #14
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Discussing details of stripping DRM is prohibited here on MR. If you have issues with the plugins, you'll have to ask over on the site you got them from.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Mobileread does not allow any discussion on how to strip DRM.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote