Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #61
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
I was trying to use the script shown in post #11
See pid_checksum.py.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
IndentationError: unexpected indent

could someone please explain what the possible problem could be? Thanks.

Jean
Where did you get the script from. White space (tabs and such) is significant in Python. So, if maybe you cut and paste this from somewhere it might have been wrapping text and you didn't get the full lines.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #63
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
I tried the pid_checksum.py script and it resulted in different checksum's than what I had been using for both my Kindle PID and my PC's PID.

Unfortunately I still get an error message -- "Error: invalid PID checksum".
I am thinking though that perhaps the book I am trying to de-drm has no drm to begin with. Would that give me an error message? At this point I am thinking of making a new purchase of a book I know has DRM included and retrying it.

I aslo tried using mobidedrm on a .pdb file but it didn't work - does mobidedrm work on .pdb files?

Pilotbob - I got the script from post #11 (page 1) of this thread posted by Red Dragon.
I copied it to notepad and renamed it as a .py script and saved it to my Python25 directory. When I tried to run it (from the command window while in the Python 25 directory) I recieved the 'unexpected indent' error. I don't know anythihg about python scripting so I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks for the assistance.

Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #64
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Pilotbob - I got the script from post #11 (page 1) of this thread posted by Red Dragon.
Thanks for the assistance.

Jean
you didn't get the mobidedrm script from here... that's what I meant.

BtW: You don't have to buy something to test this. Both fictionwise and booksonboard have free test ebooks each each format.

Can you read the book in Stanza or calibre as it is? If so, there is no DRM on it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #65
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Unfortunately I still get an error message -- "Error: invalid PID checksum".
The usual reason for this is spaces in the filenames, for example the command:
Code:
pid_checksum file name1.prc file name2.prc XXXPIDXXXX
has 5 arguments and its 3rd argument is file. The pid_checksum script will detect that you are using 5 arguments by mistake, but mobidedrm just tells you that the PID checksum is wrong. The fix is to use quotes:
Code:
pid_checksum "file name1.prc" "file name2.prc" XXXPIDXXXX
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #66
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
I tried the pid_checksum.py script and it resulted in different checksum's than what I had been using for both my Kindle PID and my PC's PID.
Forget my previous post. I now think this means that the PIDs have typos, check for 1 vs I and 0 vs O.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:38 PM   #67
wolfsi
wolfsi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR 505
I didn't read all the posts but I found out that all letters in the PID have to be in upper case. That what helped me after a few error messages.

wolfsi
wolfsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #68
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
OK - I tried again to use mobidedrm on one of my .prc files using capital letters in the PID.
This time instead of getting an invalid PID checksum error I now get an 'invalid file format' error.

From within the Python25 prompt in the command window I am typing:
mobidedrm.py inputfile.prc outputfile.mobi PID

There are no spaces in my file names and the mobidedrm.py file and my .prc file are located in the Python25 directory. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what the problem may be? Thanks again for all the assistance.

Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:59 AM   #69
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
From within the Python25 prompt in the command window I am typing:
mobidedrm.py inputfile.prc outputfile.mobi PID

There are no spaces in my file names and the mobidedrm.py file and my .prc file are located in the Python25 directory. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what the problem may be? Thanks again for all the assistance.

Jean
I think both input and outputfile need to be .prc

Last edited by Marysart; 03-10-2009 at 05:00 AM. Reason: correcting tag
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #70
mrgiedrnkr
Enthusiast
mrgiedrnkr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I use a .prc infile and a .mobi outfile as well. However, I have to put my PID in double quotes. Then, it works great.
Stacy
mrgiedrnkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #71
tubamann
tubamann began at the beginning.

Device: Soon-to-be PRS-505
Thank you mrgiedrnkr, that's what I had to do as well
tubamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:58 AM   #72
Reddevil
Reddevil began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 Silver (ordered... waiting to arrive!)
Just as a side note - I couldn't get mobidedrm to work unless I renamed my input .prc file from the original mobipocket name (something stupid like 92032322_90232322.prc) to a short name like dummies.prc.

I suspect the underscore in the name causes some sort of parse error when the script is being executed.

I must have messed around with mobidedrm for a good 2 hours banging my head against a wall since I knew my PID was exactly what was in mobipocket reader and PIDchecksum said the same thing but it still wouldn't work.

Renamed the file and it worked first shot. I didn't need to put my PID in quotes either.
Reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #73
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
Just as a side note - I couldn't get mobidedrm to work unless I renamed my input .prc file from the original mobipocket name (something stupid like 92032322_90232322.prc) to a short name like dummies.prc.

I suspect the underscore in the name causes some sort of parse error when the script is being executed.

I must have messed around with mobidedrm for a good 2 hours banging my head against a wall since I knew my PID was exactly what was in mobipocket reader and PIDchecksum said the same thing but it still wouldn't work.

Renamed the file and it worked first shot. I didn't need to put my PID in quotes either.

Just so you know. SOME of those file names have TWO underscores in a row and, depending upon which font your computer uses to display filenames, this may not be obvious. Yep. Those 'double-underscore' names have tripped me up more than once - until I started using the 'Rename' option to grab the filename to the clipboard...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #74
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Just so you know. SOME of those file names have TWO underscores in a row and, depending upon which font your computer uses to display filenames, this may not be obvious. Yep. Those 'double-underscore' names have tripped me up more than once - until I started using the 'Rename' option to grab the filename to the clipboard...

Derek
LMAO. Nice way to finish the thread.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #75
mindwarp
Zealot
mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I've been having this same problem. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. But I continue to get Invalid PID Checksum.
I have a Macbook and a Ipod Touch and am using Iphone Backup extractor to get my Kindle files.
I got my UDID from Itunes and then used kindlepid.py to get my Mobipocket PID
I have python and wxpython installed and working. I've used mobidedrm 01, 02 and 05 and nothing seems to work.
I've tried all the suggestions of quoting my PID, making sure its capitalized, renaming the .prc ebook and so on.

This is what continues to come up:
macbook:ebook home$ python mobidedrm005.py ebook.prc output.prc 'PID'
MobiDeDrm v0.05. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Error: invalid PID checksum

Any ideas on how I can go about figuring this out? Is it possible my PID is wrong?

Thanks so much!
mindwarp is offline   Reply With Quote