Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Where are Reading Settings Stored?

I have a Glo and all my books are stored on the internal card. My wife has a touch, books stored internally as well. She sometimes wishes she could use my Glo at night (when I'm not reading of course lol). If I were to store her library on an external card (I can't try it as I don't have a micro SD card), would all the settings like what page she is on in each book or even shelves be carried over to the Glo and then back to her touch?

Hopefully I haven't made this sound too complicated!

Thanks
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Short and sweet, no.

All of the settings are stored within the Kobo's sqlite database that can be found in the .kobo directory of your readers. Not only the settings but also the catalogue of books, your Kobo registration data etc.

While yes putting the books on an SD card would let her read on your device, the info on where she was in a book or even which book was being read would not transfer over.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Short and sweet, no.

All of the settings are stored within the Kobo's sqlite database that can be found in the .kobo directory of your readers. Not only the settings but also the catalogue of books, your Kobo registration data etc.

While yes putting the books on an SD card would let her read on your device, the info on where she was in a book or even which book was being read would not transfer over.
Thanks so much!
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote