Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #1711
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Just to confirm. I installed Kaznelson's temporary hack for PW1 5.4.4.1 on 5.4.4.2 and all appears to work all right. At least, no extraterrestrial cats have emerged so far.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #1712
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Great!
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2014, 03:12 AM   #1713
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Just to confirm. I installed Kaznelson's temporary hack for PW1 5.4.4.1 on 5.4.4.2 and all appears to work all right. At least, no extraterrestrial cats have emerged so far.
I updated to 5.4.4.2 my PW1 and reinstalled the margins hack for 5.4.4.1. It doens't work. How did you do it?
Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #1714
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
What do you mean? Installed as usually, after firmware update and other stuff. No problem. I had it installed before, with 5.4.4.1, but the update should clean it.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #1715
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
I updated to 5.4.4.2 my PW1 and reinstalled the margins hack for 5.4.4.1. It doens't work. How did you do it?
These updates are complete images -
Meaning you have to re-install everything, except for the device Jailbreak.

**NOTE:** What was reported working **is not the JBpatch margins patch**, it was the other margins patch, also present in this thread.
- - - -
And you might want to install the "Backdoor Lock" to control this happening again.

Last edited by knc1; 05-13-2014 at 09:43 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 04:10 AM   #1716
atleon
Enthusiast

This is what I did: factory reset in firm 5.4.4.2., installed jailbreak, MKK (for KUAL), screensavers hack, and, finally, margins hack. All is working but margins hack. I use the zip called "update_fonthack_0.4_pw_5441.zip" in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1431

And I set English UK language for the interface. Is something missing?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-15-2014, 08:03 AM   #1717
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
This is what I did: factory reset in firm 5.4.4.2., installed jailbreak, MKK (for KUAL), screensavers hack, and, finally, margins hack. All is working but margins hack. I use the zip called "update_fonthack_0.4_pw_5441.zip" in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1431

And I set English UK language for the interface. Is something missing?

Thanks in advance
Did remove the margins hack from the 5441.zip file and install only that?
Or
did you also install one of the font hacks from the 5441.zip file?

Please give us the step-by-step of what you did with/to the contents of the 5441.zip file after it arrived on your computer.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #1718
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, the hash of the files tweaked by the margins hack are different between 5.4.4.1 and 5.4.4.2. That might just be a repack artifact, I'll have to check the *contents* of the file.

That said, hfpop mentioned that it works, so you probably did something wrong (hint: read the doc, it's not as simple as 'put the .bin file an click update', you have a choice to make, and a few different set of files available to make that choice).

EDIT: Oh, and I see kaznelson himself updated his post, although for the PW2 version .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-15-2014 at 11:28 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #1719
atleon
Enthusiast

I copied "2_16-30" and "Margins" folders and "Update_fonthack_0.4_pw_install.bin" file in kindle root directory and then Settings->Update your kindle.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #1720
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There you go, IIRC, it's not the folders themselves, but the *content* of the folders that needs to be at the root.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #1721
Friedelxt
Friedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura (not hd), kindle "schokowhite" pw2
Hi!

I dont understand what all I need.
The file from first message is not enough.
Kindle is jailbreaked

What exactly I need more and where I find that?

Thanks
Friedelxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #1722
atleon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
There you go, IIRC, it's not the folders themselves, but the *content* of the folders that needs to be at the root.
It's exactly that. What a great help you guys are. Thank you!

Last edited by atleon; 05-15-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #1723
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedelxt View Post
Hi!

I dont understand what all I need.
The file from first message is not enough.
Kindle is jailbreaked

What exactly I need more and where I find that?

Thanks
And I don't understand what you are attempting to do.

Please explain (list) everything you want to have added to the Kindle in addition to having installed the device Jailbreak.

Mentioning the model of the Kindle and the firmware version it is running will help also.
(Your info block only lists a Kobo Glo - no Kindle mentioned.)
Old 05-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #1724
Friedelxt
Friedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura (not hd), kindle "schokowhite" pw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And I don't understand what you are attempting to do.

Please explain (list) everything you want to have added to the Kindle in addition to having installed the device Jailbreak.

Mentioning the model of the Kindle and the firmware version it is running will help also.
(Your info block only lists a Kobo Glo - no Kindle mentioned.)
Hi knc,

I like to have the hyphenation support.

My kindle is pw2 with 5.4.3.2 fw

Yes....till know i had a kobo aura (not hd).
But now i have a "schokowhite", it is from the german shell clubsmart action. For 8 ritter sport - 1 paperwhite. :-)
I love that device, but without hyphenation i dont like it so much
Friedelxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #1725
atleon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedelxt View Post
Hi knc,

I like to have the hyphenation support.

My kindle is pw2 with 5.4.3.2 fw

Yes....till know i had a kobo aura (not hd).
But now i have a "schokowhite", it is from the german shell clubsmart action. For 8 ritter sport - 1 paperwhite. :-)
I love that device, but without hyphenation i dont like it so much
The "original" JBPatch by Ixtab doesn't work with firmwares higher than 5.3.2 so you'd better ignore the first message of this thread. To hyphetation support I'd recommend you to use the calibre plugin "Hyphenate this!", I use it and it works perfectly .

Last edited by atleon; 05-15-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks