Old 12-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
radiohead
radiohead
radiohead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mark Gimenez? better than Grisham

I'm reading a book called The Perk

Is he a big deal in the states?

I'd never heard of him but the guy writes better than Grisham in my opinion.

Or is it blasphamy to dis JG
radiohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Warning to those who dis grish, haha just kidding I've never read any by gemenez but now that you mention it i will
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can't buy the ebook in the U.S., so I guess I'll never know.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
radiohead
radiohead
radiohead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Can't buy the ebook in the U.S., so I guess I'll never know.
Really? Is this not it?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Perk-ebook...2587125&sr=1-1

It's a cracking read--brilliantly touches on the moral ambiguities of drugs/ Immigration / the law in general

God you'd think it was mine

Steve
radiohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
LizSt
LizSt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mark Gimenez

Just tried to read "The Common Lawyer" by Mark Gimenez and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Maybe "The Perk" is a great improvement, but from my limited experience there's no way I'd compare him to Grisham.
LizSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
The Perk is a fantastic read. Not sure if he's "better" than Grisham or not, but, they are, without question, similar.

Fantastic book, from a very, very solid writer.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote