Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #2146
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I gave away all my paperback Sharpes this year. I liked them a lot, but I didn't think I was likely to reread them.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #2147
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I gave away all my paperback Sharpes this year. I liked them a lot, but I didn't think I was likely to reread them.
HarryT has also mentioned them to me. I'm beginning to waver. 17 books for £16.83 is a very good deal, and I like that kind of historical fiction….
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #2148
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're quick reads, too.

I'm not helping, am I?
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #2149
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yay me!
Yay you! I just resisted Cornwell's The Winter King. I've been resisting it steadily and with some pain for two days. Hope the price goes back up soon.
BelleZora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #2150
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Many of Bernard Cornwell's books are available in the library's Overdrive collection.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #2151
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you all for your support. But I succumbed.

I'm sure I shall enjoy them all. Over the next four to five years!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #2152
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Thank you all for your support. But I succumbed.
Well, the important thing is to get back up and move on. Christmas week is difficult for the subscribers to this thread.
BelleZora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #2153
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
I have just resisted buying Bernard Cornwall's Sharpe series.

I bought the first three at a recent sale as SainsburyEbooks, but Amazon UK now have the entire series for £0.99 each. But I'm not buying them because I haven't even read the first one yet.

Yay me!
Read the first one immediately and then get the others before the price goes up. I have them all in paper, but have resisted getting them in ebook since the US wants 5 to 10 times that amount. I will now be spending some more money buying them from Amazon UK.
There goes my budget.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #2154
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Read the first one immediately and then get the others before the price goes up. I have them all in paper, but have resisted getting them in ebook since the US wants 5 to 10 times that amount. I will now be spending some more money buying them from Amazon UK.
There goes my budget.
Apache
Sorry, Apache. I didn't mean to blow your budget (& mine, as it turns out).
Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #2155
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
I have just resisted buying Bernard Cornwall's Sharpe series.

I bought the first three at a recent sale as SainsburyEbooks, but Amazon UK now have the entire series for £0.99 each. But I'm not buying them because I haven't even read the first one yet.

Yay me!
At that price? Boo you!

Great series. Eminently readable. And a fun TV series too. I wish I could get them at that price!! They're quite expensive in the US Kindle store. And only four of them are available in eBook format at the BC Library.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #2156
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
At that price? Boo you!

Great series. Eminently readable. And a fun TV series too. I wish I could get them at that price!! They're quite expensive in the US Kindle store. And only four of them are available in eBook format at the BC Library.
As you will discover as you read on, I succumbed in the end...
Old 12-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #2157
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Ah, should have read farther in the thread. I see you succumbed. At that price? A great deal.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #2158
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I might have to add a historical fiction category to my Goodreads shelves for this year.

The irony of course with Bernard Cornwell is that he lives in the US, where his books are actually hard to obtain. Go figure.

Fortunately, the holiday ebook and audio sales are almost over. I've actually talked myself out of a number of purchases by reminding myself that they are not part of my current author lineup OR on my wishlist. I've gone 5 or 6 days without a purchase.

Last edited by Tarana; 12-23-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #2159
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I've actually talked myself out of a number of purchases by reminding myself that they are not part of my current author lineup OR on my wishlist. I've gone 5 or 6 days without a purchase.
Congratulations! I must admit to having failed spectacularly. My target for 2013 was no more than 120 new ebooks bought. In just this December, I've bought 67 so far!

Mind you, my average ebook cost this year is only $2.49!

Still, next year I will try to do a lot better in terms of money spent. I've spent $680 on ebooks this year. Next year I plan to spend no more than $480. (Counting £1 = $1.50 for purchases from UK stores, which isn't quite the current exchange rate, but is close enough.)
Old 12-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #2160
DrNefario
Wizard

December is proving a bad month for me, too. I've bought 32 books so far, substantially more than any other month. It's just that, as well as many good offers, there have been significant cuts right across my wishlists, on books that have never changed price before, and I simply haven't been able to resist all of them. There are still more that I could easily succumb to.