Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 07-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
boomchikawahwah
boomchikawahwah began at the beginning.

Device: KKx2, PW2, Touch3g, Basic
Battery replacement for Rocket eBook

Hi, just got the original Rocket eBook from a friend. The reader works fine on ac outlet but seems the battery is dead. I've looked around including the alltronics website but looks like it is OO stock. Is there somewhere else I can buy this from or someone who is generous enough to send me a spare (will pay of course).

Thanks!
boomchikawahwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try:

http://estore.fox-international.com/
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
You might also keep an eye on ebay. Every so often I see someone selling the battery for the original Rocket Ebook. The site HarryT posted only has parts for the 1100 not the original Rocket, and I'm not sure whether the battery is the same between the two devices.

I've owned two of the original Rocket ebooks, and they are wonderful devices. But, now I'm using the Sony (actually my wife is). She dropped the last Rocket, and broke the screen (I'd offer you the battery, but it was defective, and always showed low battery, even when it had a full charge).

Also, someone on one the yahoo group for the Rocket Ebook might have some ideas.

Cheers.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
boomchikawahwah
boomchikawahwah began at the beginning.

Device: KKx2, PW2, Touch3g, Basic
Thank you for the responses! I will keep advices in mind as I look out for this battery. I keep reading very good feedback on the Rocket so I know I have to revive this thing. But if the cost exceeds $50 for the battery, I may think twice though and just get the Sony through card or Ebookwise.
boomchikawahwah is offline   Reply With Quote