Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
bluerfoot
Zealot
bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: sony pocketbook 350
a few quick points on the 350/650

I have a 350 and I got a 650 for my wife yesterday. A few quick observations.

1) Black casing on the 650 seems to make for a better reading experience then silver on 350.

2) That one inch makes quite a difference.

3) Even with a case the 650 will still go in the front pocket of my jeans.

Bottom line is I wish I had gone for a 650 as well. I really had the dimensions of the kindle in my head as a baseline. Though the 350 is really the lighter and more pocketable, the 650 seems the perfect compromise between functionality and portability.
bluerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
ReliQ05
ReliQ05 is on a distinguished road

Device: nook Wifi, Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerfoot View Post
2) That one inch makes quite a difference.
That's what she said!

But seriously, Thanks for the breakdown! I'm getting the 350 for Christmas and it seems that everyday I go back and forth on whether I should return it and get the 650 or just enjoy the lighter smaller 350.

Do you have any problems with actually reading on the 350?
ReliQ05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't put your reader in your pants pocket. There's a very high risk of breaking the screen.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
^^^^^ What he said.

After reading point 3 I tried to fit my 650 with case in my jeans pocket and it wasnt even close to fitting
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
bluerfoot
Zealot
bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: sony pocketbook 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
^^^^^ What he said.

After reading point 3 I tried to fit my 650 with case in my jeans pocket and it wasnt even close to fitting
I'm Irish.
bluerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert