Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
ExiledV20
Dieselgoth
ExiledV20 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Basic CSS For Sony Reader

Has anyone attempted to develop a CSS that mimics the default styling of LRF files?
ExiledV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledV20 View Post
Has anyone attempted to develop a CSS that mimics the default styling of LRF files?
????????
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Like this? The trouble with this approach is that you won't have italics or bold. To get those you need to have italic or bold fonts in the reader.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledV20 View Post
ADE by default already does that by simulating bold & italics.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
ADE by default already does that by simulating bold & italics.
Actually, Adobe module doesn't simulate bold and italics, it uses a very limited built-in set of fonts, which are utilized by default when no CSS is present, and no font resources are added. Adobe module doesn't appear to have an internal capability to simulate bold and italics on a regular font, like the LRF and RTF modules do.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Actually, Adobe module doesn't simulate bold and italics, it uses a very limited built-in set of fonts, which are utilized by default when no CSS is present, and no font resources are added. Adobe module doesn't appear to have an internal capability to simulate bold and italics on a regular font, like the LRF and RTF modules do.
When you do not embed any fonts, italic and bold are indeed simulated.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Like this? The trouble with this approach is that you won't have italics or bold. To get those you need to have italic or bold fonts in the reader.
My ignorance knows no bounds, so the following may not apply. I have a 505 and currently use PRSplus. PRSplus has allowed me to place fonts and a style.css file on my reader. I have placed the free fontin fonts on my reader and my css is:

Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "Fontin";
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Regular.ttf);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Bold.ttf);
}
@font-face {
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Italic.ttf);
}

body {
  font-family: "Fontin", serif;
  widows: 0;
  orphans: 0;
}

p {
text-indent:1.1em
}

/* 
   To increase ePub font size Remove rem slashes 
   surrounding the paragraph and division statements below. 
   Then adjust percentage higher, try 110% to start.
*/

/*
p {font-size:110%}

div {font-size:110%}
*/

/* 
   To increase ePub line height Remove rem slashes 
*/

/*

p {line-height: 110%}

div {line-height: 110%}

*/
This setup causes all epub files (including DRM'd) I read to use this font. It obviously doesn't mimic lrf files but it is how I have set my reader up. I think this setup would work with any fonts I chose.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-29-2010 at 12:44 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
My ignorance knows no bounds, so the following may not apply. I have a 505 and currently use PRSplus. PRSplus has allowed me to place fonts and a style.css file on my reader. I have placed the free fontin fonts on my reader and my css is:

Code:
@font-face {
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Regular.ttf);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Bold.ttf);
}
@font-face {
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Fontin-Italic.ttf);
}

body {
  font-family: "Fontin", serif;
  widows: 0;
  orphans: 0;
}

p {
text-indent:1.1em
}

/* 
   To increase ePub font size Remove rem slashes 
*/

/*
p {font-size:110%}

div {font-size:110%}
*/

/* 
   To increase ePub line height Remove rem slashes 
*/

/*

p {line-height: 110%}

div {line-height: 110%}

*/
This setup causes all epub files (including DRM'd) I read to use this font. It obviously doesn't mimic lrf files but it is how I have set my reader up. I think this setup would work with any fonts I chose.
But the problem is that this overrides any code in the CSS of the ePub. So if you want to use specific embedded fonts, it won't work. That is a problem and I don't know if there is a solution.