Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Remove page number display in 2.1.5 (PDF)

Hi Fellow Mobilereaders,

I would like to remove the page numbers displayed at the bottom of the screen when I am reading PDFs. If they were not visible, I would be able to increase the size of the PDF page in a way that would be significant, making the size of the text more readable (without having all the problems of zooming etc. which make PDF reading so painful!).

There was a thread on this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...e+page+numbers

but, since the arrival of new firmware, I have been hoping that it might now be possible to remove the (for me) useless page numbers below the text.

Any advice or help would be appreciated,

Rojofo.

Last edited by Rojofo; 11-09-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: making title clearer
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Some clarification! Making PDFs readable!

Thank you Austinwatson22 for your reply.

I'm afraid my post was a little ambiguous. What I am complaining about is the waste space at the bottom of the screen on the Kobo with the present firmware. I would like the pagination at the bottom for PDFs to be optional so that you can remove it and use this space for the PDF.

For a PDF, the fact of reducing the height of the page has the disastrous effect of reducing the width (since the PDF page itself is of fixed ratio) and thus you end up not only with a space at the bottom (for the relatively useless page numbers) but TWO blank columns on the sides (even more waste space).

Consequently, for a PDF which otherwise might have been easily readable, you have a tiny page which is hard to read and lots of waste space !! Sniff!

Rojofo.

Last edited by Rojofo; 11-10-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Fuchikoma
Fuchikoma began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi !
Is there a way to reduce even more the backlight of the Kobo Glo.
The minimum still very shiny, it would be very nice to decrease this power to read in total darkness.
Thanks !
Fuchikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Remove page numbers (PDF)

@Fuchikoma:
Welcome aboard . But you're - please look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194117
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
Fuchikoma
Fuchikoma began at the beginning.

Sorry i got all wrong..
Fuchikoma is offline   Reply With Quote