Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
Trewaters
eBook Engineer
Trewaters began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Mobi filename restricted characters?

This is my first post. Yay! I am so happy I found this forum. I just started making ebooks for a small publishing house and I am learning as I go.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of restricted characters for my Mobi filename? I got an error from my kindle when I tried to open a file with a "-" dash in the filename.

The name was "The Pleasure Dial by Jeremy Edwards - OC Press.mobi", once I removed the dash and used + instead things were fine. Now my file is "The+Pleasure+Dial+by+Jeremy+Edwards+OC+Press.mobi " and everything works fine.

Thanks for the help
Trewaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I have dozens of .mobi books with hyphens in the name. Are you sure it was a regular hyphen, and not an ndash or something?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
Trewaters
eBook Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I have dozens of .mobi books with hyphens in the name. Are you sure it was a regular hyphen, and not an ndash or something?
Thanks for the response. I haven't taken the time to test that. But I have another book I am working on this week so I will have an answer then.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Trewaters
eBook Engineer

I had no problems using a dash.

Sorry for my slow response and thanks again for your answer. It was very helpful.

Tags
filename, restricted