Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Big round button on 302 as Next Page...

I've found I like using the big round button at the bottom of my 302 as the Next Page button. I can hold the device in one hand in most situations and easily page ahead. I changed the setting in the key mapping menu.

I did notice, today though, that fbreader180 doesn't recognize this button being set this way. Opening a book in the fbreader version that came with 15.2 sees the pages flowing ahead, but in 180, I just see the green indicator light flash briefly and...nada.

Would one of you mind testing this for me to see if it's me or the combo of 15.2 and 180 I have?

Merci!
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
I've found I like using the big round button at the bottom of my 302 as the Next Page button. I can hold the device in one hand in most situations and easily page ahead. I changed the setting in the key mapping menu.

I did notice, today though, that fbreader180 doesn't recognize this button being set this way. Opening a book in the fbreader version that came with 15.2 sees the pages flowing ahead, but in 180, I just see the green indicator light flash briefly and...nada.

Would one of you mind testing this for me to see if it's me or the combo of 15.2 and 180 I have?

Merci!
Oopsy baby! Thanks a lot. Used to work, so either the 180 or the firmware have changed something. As you may know, the 180 is not officially supported by PocketBook, but we will of course try to find a solution for this problem. I will forward this to graynm, too

Last edited by mtravellerh; 07-28-2010 at 02:51 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Also it works in the Adobe PDF viewer, but not the pdfviewer itself (if I got that right).

Awesome - if there's a fix in the works, I'm happy

This quick responsiveness and connecting with the community is one of the reasons I went with this device over the Sony or others.

Thank you!
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote