Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #16
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Someone posted a link (you?) a while back on how to replace the screen in the 6".
Not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
One of the steps was to note a hand written number on the new display and run a special program to configure the display properties to match the current fitted display. (I believe there was a resistor change also. )

Did the forget this step (or equivalent) in production of the V5?
I think that you are probably referring to the "waveform calibration file" that optimizes the controller operation to the characteristics of a particular batch of e-Ink screens. I am pretty sure that optimization is way off on my particular PocketPRO, which is why I mentioned poor quality control. There are several other things wrong with my PocketPRO, including thoroughly peeled paint, bum USB, and flaky SD card operation, that make me think that I just got a lemon when I purchased my PocketPRO. My 6" EZReader is so much better in all those aspects that it is the one that I use the most. I just use the PocketPRO for a traveling reader, and I can get by with that OK.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Not me.

I think that you are probably referring to the "waveform calibration file" that optimizes the controller operation to the characteristics of a particular batch of e-Ink screens. I am pretty sure that optimization is way off on my particular PocketPRO, which is why I mentioned poor quality control. There are several other things wrong with my PocketPRO, including thoroughly peeled paint, bum USB, and flaky SD card operation, that make me think that I just got a lemon when I purchased my PocketPRO. My 6" EZReader is so much better in all those aspects that it is the one that I use the most. I just use the PocketPRO for a traveling reader, and I can get by with that OK.
That's the file.
USB IS flakey with Intel on mine (I added a USB1.1 card that I use only pith my PEz. Solid), Paint was only an annoyance. My PEz is now showing normal WEAR from heavy use. My 4G SD card works but is easily corrupted while loading from the PC Might be my fault by disconnecting to quickly after clicking eject.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert