Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
ASUS DR900/950

Any one have any word yet on the ASUS-DR900 (or 950) which is a SiPix electronic paper e-reader, with a 9" display plus WiFi and 3G, 4GB internal memory with an SD card slot. I've seen videos and news items, but can't find anything about release dates, costs, bookstores.
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
It wont be out until near the end of April- maybe. It could still be later.

It seems all the upcoming AUO/SiPix display devices have been delayed, which points to a display production problem. There has been no confirmation of that of course.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
It wont be out until near the end of April- maybe. It could still be later.

It seems all the upcoming AUO/SiPix display devices have been delayed, which points to a display production problem. There has been no confirmation of that of course.
It was a design problem in the display causing uneven distribution of gray scale across the screen. I have on idea when it will be fixed but I know they are working hard on it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
At CEBIT they told "third quarter 2010". More likely september
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It was a design problem in the display causing uneven distribution of gray scale across the screen. I have on idea when it will be fixed but I know they are working hard on it.

Dale
Is this on all SiPix screens are just the Asus model? If on all, it sounds like it might be best to wait until the 2nd generation is released.
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Is this on all SiPix screens are just the Asus model? If on all, it sounds like it might be best to wait until the 2nd generation is released.
It was all all screens. I don't believe it is a problem with the screen itself. It is evidently some problem in the address decode of screen locations I believe, at least from the way it looked. I am sure it can be fixed and the technology itself is sound. I would not be worried when it is finally released.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Thanks Dale
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote