Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Kensy
Kensy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Story Of 'Revenge' Dog Adoption Now Hilarious Memoir

Finally a dog memoir that's funny not sad. If you're tired of all the depressing dog books out there than Bad To The Bone: Memoir Of A Rebel Doggie Blogger is your answer. It's a laugh-out-loud look at life through the dog's eyes. The dog, Bo, happens to be my pup. He's dedicated the book to rescue and shelter workers who make this world a better place, one animal at a time. Bo also donates a portion of the proceeds to dog rescue.

It's the first memoir to be nationally published (Kensington Books/Citadel Press) in non-fiction under the dog, not bad for a writer in a fur suit. It's got a five star rating on Amazon, you can check out all the reviews.

Bo Hoefinger is not your everyday, run of the mill author; he's a mixed-breed shelter dog with an attitude.

Let's get this clear right away: I'm a dog.

I'm 1'10" and weigh 63 lbs, and although I'm a mutt on the outside, I'm a purebred on the inside. My good nature comes from the Golden Retriever side of the family, while my stubbornness is clearly from my Chowchow bloodlines. I've got Rastafarian ears, a black tongue for licking, and paws that should be on a dog twice my size.

I type 60 words a minute.

My name is Bo, and this is my story.

Bad to the Bone focuses on how he and two seemingly normal people wreak havoc on an unsuspecting world while creating a lifelong bond in the process. All the stories are true and will eave dog lovers laughing out loud.

Publisher’s Weekly – “A funny, funny book giving the reader a hilarious insight into what might be in a dog’s mind as he is given orders by his owners. Hilarious from beginning to end. This book will leave you chuckling to yourself and marveling at the cleverness of the author and Bo.”

Modern Dog Magazine – “Written in a voice strong enough to make it easy to forget that this book wasn’t actually written by a dog, this story brings humor and perspective to everyday life. Very easy to read and hilarious!”

American Dog Magazine – “This is a hilariously funny, sometimes sarcastic, 15-year account of one dog’s home life with Mom and Dad. This is one book dog lovers won’t be able to put down.”

Dog Living Magazine – “A well-written and fun read…Bo takes you inside his family and you feel as if you’re right there experiencing all the joys and pains with them. You’ll want to hug your own dog after reading this book!”

Your Dog Magazine – UK’s #1 Dog Magazine – “If you can imagine “Marley and Me” written from a dog’s point of view, but much funnier and with a happy ending, then you’ll find this isn’t far off the mark. Feel good reading which will brighten your day.”

As a BONUS, the author will not, I repeat, NOT be killed. The time for DOGGIE SNUFF books is over.

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I always enjoy meeting other authors and pet lovers.

Last edited by Kensy; 03-04-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: title change
Kensy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authors, books, dogs, humor, non-fiction