Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hmm, it seems to work fine when plugged into the back ports (the ports directly attached on the motherboard PCB). Time will tell if I have anymore issues.

Edit: Decided to give my front ports another go to see what's really going on. After 10+ connect/disconnects, the right port works. The left port gives me problems. And this is the only device that exhibits this problem. Now to get back to my reading now that all my book titles have underscores.

Just got calibre installed on my desktop. Sorting through most of my electronic library now. I wish I could keep the spaces without wrapping in quotes or replacing them with underscores. Just doesn't look clean with all the underscores in it.

Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 01-22-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #17
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
If the right front works, but not the left, then this is probably not the problem reported by some others thata certain USB chipset causes problems. I say this purely because, on all motherboards I have seen, the front ports are all serviced by the same USB controller chips (why would they do it differently?)

Also, most cheaper systems seem to use unshielded cables to connect the motherboard header to the hardware on the front of the case. It is possibly just picking up enough electrical noise to cause operational problems. Maybe even moving the internal cable, re-routing it differently if possible might change the situation. This is probably also why the rear ports, which are mounted direct on the motherboard, are more reliable.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
If the right front works, but not the left, then this is probably not the problem reported by some others thata certain USB chipset causes problems. I say this purely because, on all motherboards I have seen, the front ports are all serviced by the same USB controller chips (why would they do it differently?)

Also, most cheaper systems seem to use unshielded cables to connect the motherboard header to the hardware on the front of the case. It is possibly just picking up enough electrical noise to cause operational problems. Maybe even moving the internal cable, re-routing it differently if possible might change the situation. This is probably also why the rear ports, which are mounted direct on the motherboard, are more reliable.
on all points.
Bad or noise sensitive hardware. If your MoBo has another connector for panel ports, swap things and see if the problem moves or stays.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote