Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
qpid360
e-reading :)
qpid360 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition, Barnes & Noble nook
nook skipping pages

hooray... another problem. Reading The Lovely Bones. After page 115, it skips to the next chapter which is a few pages away. When I page back, it skips back 20 pages.

This is getting stupid.
qpid360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I had a problem with one book I got from the b&N store where I would go to another chapter and it would format forever and never go to that chapter. I finally figured out by looking in toc that a few chapters were listed twice & when that happened , the formatting issues happened. So I had to choose that chapter from the toc (the second time the chapter was listed). My battery seems to drain too fast. I think the dictionary sucks.It can't find way too many words Last nite it was taking 6-8 seconds on an epub book to switch pages. Works a little faster today after I reset it. I don't too many things about it. I think I am going to reorder a kindle & give up on the nook . There just have been too many problems. At this point , I don't want to buy a book from the store since so many people have had issues. I bought 1 book & it was fine but have had problems with a book I got for free at the store. Also there seems to be no way to delete things off the daily or my own books other than the USB and I find that annoying as well.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
bzImage
Enthusiast
bzImage doesn't litterbzImage doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCZJY_M5x2U
bzImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
frossie
Geek Herder
frossie is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
I had the "skipping page" problem in one book at one place. I don't know if it is what you saw, but I found a workaround. The skip seemed to be, say, page 514 to 520 while reading with the small font. Forcing a reformat by switching to the very small font allowed me to read through the troublesome area - in other words I think this is a rendering bug not a case of missing content. Very strange though...
frossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
oogabooga
oogabooga began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
That's exactly what the problem is (rendering bug). I've had this happen at least a dozen times in the span of 2 books and it's frustrating.

Switch your font to "smallest size", finish the page, then switch back.

*frown*
oogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert