Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #136
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadbr0 View Post
Mackx, thx, will disable all the keys as you prescribe. However, i do encounter crashes -after a couple of pages as described- at moments that i am not touching the DR at all.
Mmmm, normally I do not write that long, I will try to reproduce it, thanks for the feedback.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #137
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadbr0 View Post
I am using V4 on a daily basis to take notes in meetings and during other conversations. There seems to be a pattern in the lock-ups, since they always appear after ca. 30-40 mins and after i have written a couple of pages (and have saved many times ;-). Could there be some kind of buffer that becomes overloaded after that period of time?
I saw this post on the iRex forum, could this be the same problem you see?
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #138
scotsman
Enthusiast
scotsman doesn't litterscotsman doesn't litter

Device: irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbarthedog View Post
I have to say, this is looking superb. Well done to everyone who has contributed to this!

I have managed to work out how to annotate a pdf using Xournal (via the background screenshot function) but I have one question. Is it possible to export handwriting to MyScript as well?

If this could be achieved, it would more or less do away with the dreadful desktop software from iRex.

Also, it seems pretty hungry on battery as an application. Is this normal?

Once again, many thanks for all the effort on this.
Hi Curbarthedog,

would you like to share in more detail how you manage to annotate pdfs via the background screenshot function? This would be highly appreciated.
scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #139
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
Hi Curbarthedog,

would you like to share in more detail how you manage to annotate pdfs via the background screenshot function? This would be highly appreciated.
I think you missed my recent post? Or maybe I was not clear enough... the 'Annotate PDF' menu works now, not as comfortable as the native DR-app, but you can merge your scribbles by 'Export to PDF' after you annotated the original PDF.
I do not expect too much problems for small PDFs.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #140
scotsman
Enthusiast
scotsman doesn't litterscotsman doesn't litter

Device: irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I think you missed my recent post? Or maybe I was not clear enough... the 'Annotate PDF' menu works now, not as comfortable as the native DR-app, but you can merge your scribbles by 'Export to PDF' after you annotated the original PDF.
I do not expect too much problems for small PDFs.
Hi Mackx,

sorry, I overlooked your latest update, which is precisely what I looked for to easily comment on student papers. Thanks a lot!

Do you have any idea why the extremely smooth scribbling from version 4c / EX(perimental) does not work with the latest updates?

En vooral: Gefeliciteert voor je verjaardag, en heel veel dank voor je werk aan deze programma!
scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #141
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
Do you have any idea why the extremely smooth scribbling from version 4c / EX(perimental) does not work with the latest updates?
Both the 3 and 4 versions are now combined in one. Use the Options-> Experimental Update option to enable the 'fast feedback'. (Select Options-> Save Preferences afterwards so that the option will be enabled next time you start the program.
(Assuming that "extremely smooth scribbling" is the fast feedback.)