Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
KeePassX iLiad Release

Official KeePassX Homepage

Quote:
KeePassX saves many different information e.g. user names, passwords, urls, attachmets and comments in one single database. For a better management user-defined titles and icons can be specified for each single entry. Furthermore the entries are sorted in groups, which are customizable as well. The integrated search function allows to search in a single group or the complete database.
KeePassX works very well to manage your username/passwords for websites across many platforms (KeePass has windows, linux, osx, palm, and pocketpc ports). Now it works on the iLiad as well.

It is also the first QT4 app ported to the iLiad.

Simply unzip, copy to your memory card, and run.

http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...sx/keepass.zip
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Here's a screenshot.

Also, the built-in password generation doesn't seem to work. It will lock up keepass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keepass3.png
Views:	1180
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	3766  
Advert
Old 05-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Very nice work. Once again thanks. Would it be posible to create a database in the windows keepassx and use it on the Iliad?

Jose
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Yes, that's the great thing about KeePass (and why I wanted to port it). You can make/modify the database anywhere and use it on all your computers and devices.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Adam B., thanks. It does work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by templario View Post
Would it be posible to create a database in the windows keepassx and use it on the Iliad?
Jose
I have done this.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 02:57 AM   #6
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Hi Adam,
Thank you for yet another great port!!
I have been trying to install KeePassX for a while, without any success. All I have been having is a rapid refresh screen, and no software to be found...
Thank you in advance for any help...
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:40 AM   #7
lordmax
Enthusiast
lordmax began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Opus, cybook gen10, Palm LifeDrive, NetBookVaio, Kindle, Tolino
wow

HI

Great work Adam.
Thanks a lot.

P.S. there's a list of all the extension for iLiad?
lordmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #8
Dabon
Connoisseur

HELP FOR ILIAD GURUS NEEDED (Adam, Yokos, Daudi, Wallcraft, Thomas, Bobj, Armishin...

Dear Gurus,

Would any one of you be kind as to take the time to look into this Keepass application? It seems not to be working on CF card. I have tried to install it multiple time, unsuccessfully.
By anticipation, Thank you very much for your time ...and your brain

Take good care,

Dabon.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Try the attached file.

Rename it to run.sh, and replace the version included in the keepass folder. If it doesn't run, post the output of run.txt and err.txt.
Attached Files
File Type: txt run.sh.txt (254 Bytes, 441 views)
Old 08-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
Dabon
Connoisseur

Error message

Dear Adam,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I have followed your instructions, and the application did not run, but did generate the output file as well as the error file.
I have tried to upload the output file (which is completely empty) 2 times, unsuccessfully. the error file upload was successful.
I have taken a look at it and read the following message:

***MEMORY-ERROR***: [632]: GSlice: failed to allocate 248 bytes (alignment: 256): Invalid argument

I have no idea what all that means, I have tried to google it and found a site that gives explanation on this type of error message ( http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/FAQ ), but again, I have no clue on what that means as I am totally ignorant of the linux language....
As an expert, you will certainly know right away what that means...

Thank you for your help,

Dabon.
Attached Files
File Type: txt err.txt (101 Bytes, 452 views)
Old 08-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Actually, I have no idea what that means... It runs fine on my iLiad. Odd...

:-/
Old 08-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
Dabon
Connoisseur

What do you think should be the safe way to uninstall the application and reinstall it. Maybe I have tried to uninstall one too many time and that now i have somehow some application "left over" that might cause this error...
Don't you think???
Are you running this application on a CF card?
Thank you!

Dabon.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
Dabon
Connoisseur

More info

I am found more info on the error (bug and debugging) and I am wondering if should go ahead with the suggested debug...:

Gslice' crash messages after KDE has been built with --enable-fast-malloc=full

If you are using a recent version of Glib (version >= 2.9.1) and have built kdelibs using the configure option --enable-fast-malloc=full, you are likely to see aRts related crashes which output an error message on the terminal:

***MEMORY-ERROR***: [xxxx]: GSlice: failed to allocate 248 bytes (alignment: 256): Invalid argument

This is due to a clash in the way that arts/kdelibs and Glib handle memory allocation. There are two alternative solutions to this: one is to not use --enable-fast-malloc=full; the other is to set an environment variable for the KDE session

G_SLICE=always-malloc

G_SLICE. This environment variable allows reconfiguration of the GSlice memory allocator.
always-malloc

This will cause all slices allocated through g_slice_alloc() and released by g_slice_free1() to be actually allocated via direct calls to g_malloc() and g_free(). This is most useful for memory checkers and similar programs that use Bohem GC alike algorithms to produce more accurate results. It can also be in conjunction with debugging features of the system's malloc implementation such as glibc's MALLOC_CHECK_=2 to debug erroneous slice allocation code, allthough debug-blocks usually is a better suited debugging tool.

Thanks,

Dabon
Old 08-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #14
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Try it with the attached file, I've added the lines that according to the link fix the bug.
Attached Files
File Type: txt run.sh.txt (254 Bytes, 446 views)
Old 08-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #15
Dabon
Connoisseur

Dear Adam,

Thank you for working on this.
After having tried the last " run.sh.txt file" sent and coming up with the exact same results. I took the time to compare the 2 files and realized that this was the exact same file. Maybe you might have mixed the new one that you have written with the old one written and sent a couple of days ago.
Would you be kind a take a look at it, again?
Thanks,

Dabon.