Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
JetNoise
JetNoise began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Sony and Kindle books

Yes, I know this has been hashed out before, but all the threads I find are people jumping on the original poster about DRM and stealing the book, or not being able to buy without a Kindle..

I DO own a Kindle, as well as a Sony...
My situation may be a little more unique than past posters..
I need to convert the books because I cannot take my Kindle to work.. I work on a military base in a secure building. We CAN bring readers, but they CANNOT have ANY radio ability (Kindle all have wifi, hence why I also purchased a used Sony 600).
The problem I have is, a lot of the books I want to read either are not out in Sony format, or are much higher $, and if I purchase the book for Kindle it flat says 'read on all your devices'.. They have apps for the phone, ipad, android, and PC.. But obviously cannot take an iphone or ipad that has wifi in the building either.

I am trying to find a way to read the books I have LEGALLY paid for and have the claimed right to read on any of my devices...

Any suggestions, other than to claim I'm either trying to circumvent DMCA or steal a book (aka constructive ideas)..
JetNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Download Calibre onto your PC and add the tools from Apprentice Alf (Google this name) and your problem will be solved. It's quite easy...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert